Ghost Spectre Windows 10 Superlite Version
Last Updated: 29-Dec-2023; Updated all the Ghost Spectre Windows 10 download links.
Last Updated: 28-Mar-2023: Added a new Ghost Spectre Windows 10 AIO (All-in-one) version, that single ISO contains the last 5 major updates (22H2, 21H2, 21H1, 20H2, 20H1); you will get an option to choose from after the installation.
Fed up with those irritating Windows 10 updates? I think the answer is Yes, well don’t worry, most of us are fed of it.
In this article, we are going to show you a decent Windows build named Ghost Spectre Windows 10 Superlite Version, in which they truncated many unnecessary features so that any PC can take advantage of Windows 10 without worrying about the update, RAM limitation, or an old HDD with limited speed.
The developer community/group named Ghost Spectre is working hard and pushing the latest updates, but it is on you whether you want to update or not.
Also, Read : Ghost Spectre Windows 11 Superlite Version
What is Ghost Spectre Windows 10 Superlite Version?
Ghost Spectre Windows 10 Superlite is the modded version of the original Windows. Here modded only doesn’t refer to extra features but also truncated useful features for a normal user.
A group of developers is publishing a number of mods of Windows 10 without a ton of unnecessary features which took extra memory and space, making low-end PCs not run properly.
Check out their YouTube Channel for more info: Ghost Spectre
Features of Ghost Spectre Windows 10 Superlite
- Compact Integrated + LZX (algorithm)
- Forced .NET Framework 4.0/4.5/4.6/4.7/4.8
- Bloatware FREE!!
- Optimized Pagefile/Services/Scheduled/Search Indexer
- Privacy Optimizations & Performance mode!
- Ghost Toolbox! (Add or Remove Windows Store and Much More!)
- Cortana Removes (You can add it back using Ghost Toolbox for WIN10 version 2004/2009)
- Support Other Language & Keyboard
- Support UWP Games / UWP Apps (ex. Forza/GOW/etc etc)
- Stock Drivers is not removed
- Ghost Custom Bootable with more features!
- GhostDark Purple V2 Themes!
- GHOST DARK (Full dark themes Beta Test)
- Updatable (Can update to latest build windows10 version 2009/2004)
- Windows update can be paused until 2030!
Tap on the image for full view.
Download Ghost Spectre Windows 10 Superlite Version
Win 10 aio version (22h2, 21h2, 21h1, 20h2, 20h1) (stable release) 64-bit.
- Edition: Superlite, Compact, Without Defender
- Build: 1904X.3803
- Architecture: x64
- Language: en-US
- Size: 3.8 GB
Password (if required): aiou13 Last Updated : 24-Dec-2023 Extract Tools : 7zip, WinRAR Download Tools : Browser, IDM, JDownloader2
Having trouble extracting the ISO file? Here is how you can do it .
- Update OS Build 1904X.3803
- Update Defender Engine
- Update OS Build 1904X.3693
- Update Defender Engin
- Added Ghost Wallpaper V4
- Fixed Search box Taskbar for SE
- Update OS Build 1904X.3633
- Update StartIsBack for SE
- Update OS Build 1904X.3208
- Update StartIsBack
- Update OS Build 1904X.3086
- Disabled Search Highlights Taskbar for S/SE
NOTE : You can use Ghost Toolbox to Enable/Disable Highlights. (OP1)
- Update OS Build 1904X.2846
- Added Right Click Ghost Mode
- Update OSbuild 1904X.2364
- Improved Tweak S/SE
- Add Disk Genius (WPE+ Bootable)
- Add Forgot Password (WPE+ Bootable)
- Fixed Undoing changes while upgrade
- Fixed Windows Login with Email
- Update OSbuild 1904X.2311
- Improved Boot Startup NOTE: If you want to update this build in previous Windows please use this ISO to upgrade.
- Update OSbuild 1904X.2194
- WPE+ Bootable (No more separate WPE/Normal Bootable now just in one ISO’s!)
- WPE+ Bootable (Support Upgrade without losing data on any GhostSpectre Windows 10)
- Added Windows 10 Version 22H2
- Update OSbuild 1904X.1889
- Improved Tweak SE/SUPERLITE – Every a new account.
- Improved Boot Startup
- Normal Bootable SV2 – Can upgrade Without losing data
- Windows Recovery included (winre)
- Fixed Stuck on Wireless Screen on Compact/Compact + DEF (first installation) NOTE: Those who need compact/compact+def please re-download ISO update 4.1.
- Update OSbuild 1904X.1862
- Improved Tweak SE/SUPERLITE
- Update OSbuild 1904X.1766
- Security intelligence version 1.367.1647.0
- Update OSbuild 1904X.1618
- Added Version 2004/2009/21H1/21H2
- Update OSbuild 19043.1387 / 19044.1387
- Added Version 21H2
- Update OSbuild 19043.1237
- Update Startisback 2.9.15 for SUPERLITE SE
- Update Ghost Toolbox 1.9 rev11
- Security intelligence version: 1.349.841.0
- Antimalware Client Version: 4.18.1909.6
- Engine Version: 1.1.18500.10
- Antivirus Version: 1.349.841.0
- Antispyware Version: 1.349.841.0
- – nothing much changes
- Just update startisback 2.9.13 for SUPERLITE SE
- OS build 19043.1021 already fixed Valorant black icons on 21H1
- Fixed OEM > DEL/LENOVO/ACER/HP Stuck on Screen “it’s taking a bit longer than expected” (SUPERLITE / SUPERLITE SE)
- Startisback getting weird on SUPERLITE SE (21h1), If you’re facing explorer crashing or etc please re-install Startisback version 2.9.13 or higher version.
- ISO Based on Public Version
- Update OS build 19043.1021
- Add Windows 10 Insider Preview Icon Themes
- Update StartIsBack 2.9.12 for SUPERLITE SE
- Security intelligence version: 1.1339.1178.0
- Antimalware Client Version: 4.18.2104.14
- Engine Version: 1.1.18100.6
- Antivirus Version: 1.339.1178.0
- Antispyware Version: 1.339.1178.0
- Fixed ISO for Normal Bootable cannot read the <ProductKey> setting from the unattended answer file.
- Update OSbuild 19043.964
- Update StartIsBack 2.9.11 for SUPERLITE SE
- Antimalware Client Version: 4.18.2103.7
- Engine Version: 1.1.18100.5
- Antivirus Version: 1.337.214.0
- Antispyware Version: 1.337.214.0
- Update for Normal Bootable V2 (Device Drivers Bootable)
- First Release Version 2009 (21H1) Release preview / (Full version 21h1 should be version 2103/2104)
21H1 (2009) (Stable Release) 32-Bit
- Build: 19043.1021
- Architecture: x86
- Size: 2.47 GB
- Update OSbuild 19043.1021
- First release x86
20H2 (2009) 64-Bit
- Build: 19042.685
- Size: 2.63 GB
- Update OS build 19042.685
- Added Superlite Special Edition
- First release version 2009
20H2 (2009) 32-Bit
- Build: 19042.630
- Size: 2.48 GB
- Edition: Superlite, Compact, Defender, All Windows Version
- Build: 19041.630
- Update OSbuild 19041.630
- Update OSbuild19041.508- GHOSTSPECTRE – DARK LIGHT PURPLE V2 (default themes)
- Fixed Component Store Corruption
- CBSVC SET TO > 3 (SUPERLITE)
- Startup Delay SET TO > 0
- Pause Windows update until 2050 for Compact version
- | Update Microsoft Defender
- | Security intelligence version: 1.323.819.0
- | Antimalware Client version: 4.18.1909.6
- | Engine Version: 1.1.17400.5
- | Antivirus Version: 1.323.819.0
- | Antispyware Version: 1.323.819.0
- Edition: Superlite, Compact, Defender
- Build: 18363.1139
- OS build 18363.1139
- OS build 18363.1016
- Edition: Superlite, Compact, Without Defender, With Defender
- Build: 16299.1992
- First release version 1709 with the latest build
- Fix shortcut Defender Signature Updates for Potato with Defender
- Fix Tray icon can’t be left click for Extreme Potato  – 
- Potato Edition – 15063.2500 (end of service)
What’s not working on version 1703?
- Some latest drivers / DCH driver
- Some UWP games like Forza Horizon 4 / GOW4 and etc. etc (get version 2004/1909)
- Some UWP Apps on Microsoft Store (get version 2004/1909)
- Xbox Game Pass (get version 2004/1909)
- This Windows version cannot be updated
What is working on this version 1703?
- Steam games / Epicgames / Origin / Uplay / GOG / Etc etc
- Photoshop / Any Software / etc/ Some latest/old driver
Install Ghost Spectre Windows 10 Superlite Version
There isn’t any new while installing Ghost Spectre Windows 10 Superlite Version on your PC. You are good to go if you are familiar with the normal clean installation steps.
Nevertheless, follow the below steps if you have any doubts about doing it:
- Download Rufus to create the bootable media.
- Open Rufus and create the bootable media by using the previously downloaded ISO File and a USB Drive.
- After that, restart your PC, and while booting up, use one of the function keys to open the Windows Boot menu.
- Boot into Windows Boot Menu and select the bootable media.
- Then the Windows logo will appear on the screen for a while; if you see the animated dots, it means everything is fine.
- On the screen with the Ghost Spectre banner, click the Windows logo from the bottom bar.
- Next, you will be asked to select your Language, and after configuring all these things, click Next.
- Now, Windows 10 setup will ask you to enter the Product Key; if you have a Windows 10 product key, proceed to enter it. Otherwise, click “I don’t have a key” or “Do this later.”
- Select your preferred version of Ghost Spectre Windows 10; a small description is provided, and click Next.
- Click Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) .
- Select the drive and then click Next. [If there are multiple partitions, select each from the bottom, then click to delete until only one unallocated drive is left]
- Select the unallocated drive list, and Click New > Apply > OK .
- Select the Primary partition from multiple partitions, and click Next .
- Just wait for a few seconds while Windows install.
- When all this setup completes, Windows will reboot into the setup automatically.
- After this, Windows will detect and install hardware and restart for the last time.
- Once you are on the desktop for the first time, you will get an option to choose the OS version (22H2, 21H2, 21H1, 20H2, 20H1), type the number in the box and click OK.
- After a restart, the OS will be fully functional.
Will it work with 4 GB RAM PC?
It will absolutely work with your PC with 4 GB RAM; choose either the 1709 or 1909 build and you are good to go.
What will happen to my Windows 10 license?
The license will be overridden by the new Ghost Spectre Windows 10, so we will suggest you extract Windows 10 license and save it somewhere.
Will I be able to use the Windows 10 Updater?
No, you will not be able to use the default Windows 10 updater; you can check this page for the latest updates, download the iso file, and update from it.
That was it; we have gathered everything about the Ghost Spectre Windows 10 edition, download it and enjoy a perfect Windows 10 on your low-end PCs.
Please let us know if I missed anything in the comment section, and we will add it ASAP.
- How to Partition an External Hard Disk in Windows 10
- How to Create Undeletable Folders in Windows 10
- How to Control Windows 10 from an Android Smartphone
- How to Use 2 Speakers to Play Audio in Windows 10 Simultaneously
- How to Fix Your Windows License Will Expire Soon Error in Windows 10
TechLatest (*.techlatest.in, *.tech-latest.com) is in compliance with 17 U.S.C. * 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Our policy is to respond to any infringement notices and take appropriate action. We don’t own any of the material posted in this article. If your copyrighted material has been posted on the site and you want this material removed, Contact us.
- Ghost Spectre
- Ghost Spectre Windows 10 Superlite
How to remove and fix ghost window issue in Windows 11
In Windows 11 , the search widget sometimes gets stuck and fails, causing a small "ghost" window to appear above the taskbar. When the ghost window is present, anything behind it is not accessible, including icons, text, and buttons.
Select a fix option below and follow the instructions to remove the ghost window and fix the problem.
- Remove ghost window without restarting computer.
- Permanently fix ghost window issue.
- Related information.
Remove ghost window without restarting computer
If you don't want to restart your computer to fix the problem, follow the steps below to remove the ghost window when it appears.
- Close any open File Explorer windows.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc on the keyboard.
- On the Processes tab, scroll down the list of running processes until you find the Windows Explorer process.
- Select the Windows Explorer process and click the Restart button at the bottom-right corner of the Task Manager window.
If you don't see the Windows Explorer process, you likely have one or more File Explorer windows still open. Close any open File Explorer windows, then look for the Windows Explorer process in the Task Manager.
The Windows Explorer process restarts. The taskbar temporarily disappears and then reappears after the process completes the restart.
Permanently fix ghost window issue
To prevent the ghost window from appearing, you can turn off the Search widget by following the steps below.
You can still perform searches in Windows 11 by pressing the Windows key and typing your queries in the Windows search box .
- Right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings .
- Expand the Taskbar items option if not already expanded.
- The Search widget icon disappears from the taskbar, preventing the Search widget window from displaying and potentially causing the ghost window to appear.
- How to find a file on a computer.
- Windows 11 help and support.
- Backup Tips
Use Best Ghost Image Software to Ghost Windows 10/8/7. Guide!
How to create a ghost image of Windows? Take it easy - it is a simple process as long as you use a piece of free and reliable ghost image software. Here in this post, we will introduce MiniTool ShadowMaker (offered by MiniTool ) and how to use it to ghost Windows 10/8/7 in order to keep your PC safe.
Basic Knowledge of Ghost Imaging
Ghost imaging (namely backup ) refers to a software-driven data backup process that copies the data of a computer hard drive to an individual compressed file, which is called an image. The ghost image copies all the contents – including configuration, applications, settings, etc – to another hard disk drive or server for storage.
The purpose of the ghost image is to enable a quick restore of a system or offer data restoration support. In a nutshell, the ghost can include two aspects: system ghost and data ghost.
As you know, system breakdown occurs due to disasters such as computer virus, manual errors, Windows updates, etc. Thus, it is really a good idea to come up with a good method to ghost Windows 10/8/7 operating system.
This is the most efficient way to protect your PC from an unpredictable disaster. In the event of a system crash issue, you can easily restore the PC to a previous state so as to reduce downtime and save lots of time compared to reinstalling OS and applications.
Besides, files and folders can be easily lost or deleted. Therefore, it is also a must that you ghost your important data to another place for data recovery.
How to run Windows 7 disk imaging software to create a system image or back up disk data? Follow the guide here for an image backup.
How to ghost a computer? Get the answer from the following section.
How to backup programs in Windows 11/10? Go to find out what you should do from this post to easily make an app backup to avoid installing it again.
Ghost Windows 10/8/7
To create a ghost image of the Windows operating system, you need to choose a piece of free ghost backup software. Which one should you use for Windows 10 ghost?
When searching for “ghost Windows 10” in Google, you will find a related search result “Norton Ghost”. But according to feedback from certain users, version 15.0 is no longer functional after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 since it to be no longer compatible with the new OS.
Here we will show you the best Norton Ghost alternative, MiniTool ShadowMaker.
Use MiniTool ShadowMaker: Free Ghost Software Windows 10/8/7
As a reliable and free backup software for Windows 10/8/7, it can automatically and periodically create full backups of your computer, which saves your time from reinstalling Windows & application or data recovery after data loss. MiniTool ShadowMaker is also available on Windows Servers and Workstation.
Being powerful and flexible, MiniTool ShadowMaker is your best choice for Windows backup & restore. Furthermore, this ghost image software can even allow you to restore the system image to a different computer with different hardware by fixing the compatibility issue with Universal Restore .
MiniTool ShadowMaker Trial Click to Download 100% Clean & Safe
How to Create Ghost Image of Windows 10/8/7 Step by Step?
Here is the detailed guidance with screenshots on one-click system backup:
Step 1: Install MiniTool ShadowMaker on your computer
Step 2: Launch this software
1. Double-click this ghost image software.
2. Continue to use Trial Edition by clicking the Keep Trial button.
Step 3: Choose the backup source and destination in the Backup page
1. To ghost Windows 7/8/10/11 OS, you need to choose system partitions. Here you can see that MiniTool ShadowMaker has selected all OS partitions that Windows requires to run. So, you don’t need to choose them again.
2. Where do you want to save the ghost image? An external hard disk, USB flash drive, Pen drive, SSD, HDD, and NAS (Network Attached Storage) are all available. Here, we show you how to ghost Windows 10/8/7 to an external hard drive .
- Just choose a partition on that disk.
- Click OK to go back to the Backup page.
Want to create automatic file backups in Windows 10/11? This post shows you how to automatically back up files to an external hard drive with ease.
Step 4: Start a backup
At last, execute all the settings by tapping the Back Up Now button.
“I want to ghost Window 10 to an image. Thanks to MiniTool ShadowMaker, I easily create a system image of my Windows 10 operating system for disaster recovery.” Click to Tweet
How to backup Windows 11 to an external hard drive or USB flash drive? See this post that focuses on Windows 11 backup for files and system.
Use Backup and Restore to Ghost Windows 10/8/7
In addition to using the professional and free ghost program, some of you may use Windows built-in tool, Backup and Restore, to ghost your operating system to an image. Of course, it can help you to create a system image when Norton Ghost 15 cannot activate on Windows 10.
Take Windows 10 as an example. How to ghost Windows 10 with this tool? Follow these steps:
Step 1: Choose the backup feature
- Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Backup > Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7) .
- Click the Create a system image option to ghost Windows 10.
Step 2: Decide where to save the backup
You need to choose a destination for the system image. An external storage device, network location, etc. is available. Here, we make a ghost image of Windows 10 on an external disk.
Step 3: Start to make Windows 10 ghost image
- Decide which partitions to be included in the backup. By default, all system-related partitions for Windows to run are included. Here, don’t check other partitions since you intend to ghost Windows 10.
- Confirm the backup settings.
- Click the Start backup button to create a system image.
Now, all the operations on system image creation are introduced. Reading here, you might be wondering: can I ghost Windows 10 automatically with Backup and Restore (Windows 7)?
Of course, you can. You need to use another option – Set up backup which is located on the right side. This function enables you to create a system image and back up files automatically. Just make Windows 10 ghost image file according to your needs.
Ghost Hard Drive Windows 10/8/7 with MiniTool ShadowMaker
Some of you may be interested in this question: how to ghost hard disk Windows 10/8/7? When you google ghost Windows 10, you will find this topic.
Actually, MiniTool ShadowMaker, ghost image backup software, can also help you. In addition to ghost Windows 10 operating system, it allows you to create a ghost image for the entire hard disk. Just get its Trial Edition to try it out.
Step 1: Run this ghost disk utility in Windows 10/8/7.
Step 2: In the Backup interface, choose a disk (system disk is recommended) and check all the disk partitions to back up.
Step 3: Specify a path for the hard drive image.
Step 4: Run the backup immediately.
For more information on disk backup, refer to this post- Hard Drive Image Software – The Best Way to Image a Hard Drive .
Additionally, MiniTool ShadowMaker has another feature – Clone Disk , which has the ability to ghost hard drive in Windows 10/8/7 for disk backup or disk upgrade. It can also be used for laptop disk drive upgrade. Here is the step-by-step guide:
Step 1: Run the software
- Open MiniTool ShadowMaker.
- Click Keep Trial .
Step 2: Choose the Clone Tool
- Go to the Tools page.
- Choose Clone Disk .
Step 3: Select Source Disk and Target Disk
- Choose a disk you want to clone.
- Select a target disk that should be large enough to hold all the contents of the source disk.
- Click OK to continue.
Related article: MiniTool Programs Help Cloning Hard Drive to Smaller SSD .
Step 4: Perform the Cloning Process
- After ghosting hard disk in Windows 10, shut down your PC.
- You will receive a warning message window which requires you to remove either source disk or target disk.
Want to ghost Windows 10 or ghost hard drive Windows 10? Take it easy! MiniTool ShadowMaker can help you realize these two goals. Just get this free ghost software on Windows 10, 8 or 7 to run a computer backup. Also, share it to your Twitter to let more people know its powerful features.
Click to Tweet
Do you want to back up your Windows 11 PC for system & data protection? How to create a backup? Using Windows 11 backup software to do it.
Further Reading: Imaging VS Cloning
After knowing so much solutions about ghost Windows 7/8/10 via imaging or ghost hard drive via cloning, perhaps you are curious about the differences between image VS clone .
It refers to backing up your Windows, files, disk or partition to an image file. During the backup process, the backup source is compressed by the ghost image software. Once an accident happens to your computer such as system crash, Windows unable to boot after updates, drive failure, etc. you can only restore the image through the original software.
2. Disk Cloning
Disk cloning is a method to create an exact copy of a hard drive to another disk. That is to say, all the contents on the source disk including settings, files, programs, etc. are transferred. If you clone a system disk, the target disk can be used to boot the PC in case of system breakdown.
For more information, refer to this post Clone VS Image: What’s the Difference? Get the Answer Now!
Want to ghost Windows 10/8/7? Now, try the tools above and follow the corresponding steps to start creating a ghost image of your Windows operating system. If you want to ghost hard drive Windows 10, try the free ghost software, MiniTool ShadowMaker.
On the other hand, don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any suggestion of Windows 10 ghost or any questions when using our ghost image software. Leaving a comment below and sending an email to [email protected] are both OK.
About The Author
- Office Document Solutions
- Photo/Video/Audio/Camera Solutions
- Email-Related Solutions
- Windows Computer Solutions
- Mac Computer Solutions
- Linux Solutions
- Hard Drive Solutions
- SD Card Solutions
- USB Drive Solutions
- NAS Disk Solutions
- Data Backup Solutions
- File Format
- File System
- Storage Media
- Disk Parition
- DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD
- Buy Now Buy Now
Hard Drive Recovery
- Recovers deleted or lost files from hard drive effectively, safely and completely.
- Supports data recovery from 500+ data loss scenarios, including computer crash, partition loss, accidental human error, etc.
- Supports 1000+ file formats recovery with a high success rate and without any quality loss.
How to Ghost Windows 10 Computer Easily
Sep 25, 2023 • Filed to: Take Data Backup • Proven solutions
I just upgraded to Windows 10 and Norton Ghost 15.0 is no longer functional. When I open Ghost, I get the window requesting I load the product key. When I do, I get a message stating the Product Key is not valid. All my backups use Ghost but now I can't get access to them. Any suggestions?
Striving to create a ghost backup disk? While creating a backup, you need to understand some basic differences between clone and backup. When it is about ghost backup, in this reference, a clone is creating an exact copy of a disk to another or a partition to another. Whereas, backup states for creating a PBD file that contains all the files and file systems, stored in the form of an image. Similar to this, a system backup performs an auto-selection technique to boot the partitions whereas, in the case of disk/partition backup, you manually select the files and file systems or a partition as a backup source. This article will help you to find an efficient ghost backup software windows 10.
Referred as a software-based technique, ghost imaging is said to be a kind of backup that is driven by a third party application software to create a backup for the files and files systems present on the device’s hard drive. The data is backed up in the form of a compressed file. This file is usually termed as an image. Your data regarding configuration, applications, and settings would be the targeted information (data) to be stored on another drive. The ghost backup disk created in the process is beneficial for a quick restoration of the system or partition. So in case, your system fails i.e. due to a computer virus, manual errors, or due to any Windows update, you can easily restore the data without any loss. Creating a ghost backup disk will eliminate the step of reinstallation of OS or applications at times of system crash. This article explains to you why you need to ghost window and ghost backup software windows 10. Here are the topics that would be discussed in detail.
Part 1: Basic Knowledge of Ghost
Part 2: why need windows 10 ghost image, part 3: how to create ghost image of windows 10 step by step.
As mentioned above, ghost imaging is a type of backup that helps to create a copy of data present on the device driver to another storage media or drive to deal with the crucial times of system crash without any expense of important data. When the operating system fails to boot properly or normally, the system for sure is dealing with technical errors or problems here the ghost imaging plays an important role. It helps to create an image of file and file systems present on the OS and act as a data restoration. The ghost imaging technique is divided into two basic categories;
1- System Ghost:
Due to any virus or malware attack, when the system crashes, the system ghost i.e. a backup of system files helps to restore all the important files and file systems crucial for the OS. Acting as a data recovery support, it will restore the system files and keep the normal functionality of the OS to rule properly.
2- Data Ghost:
A data restoration support where the users can store their data, including files, databases, applications so, at times when the device is rehabilitated to its normal mode, you don’t have to reinstall all the applications
Once you have ample information about ghost imaging, the next step is to know why you need to ghost image your windows 10? A common answer to this question would be to avoid data loss. In case of virus or malware attacks, hardware and software failures, wrong operations, any physical damage to hard drive or device, bad sectors of drive or accidental deletion or formatting of the drive will lead to ultimate data loss that is sometimes unavoidable and irreversible.
To tackle all such scenarios, ghost imaging i.e. a support backup create on another partition is used to restore all the data that was once saved on the device hard drive. All the important files and file systems of OS or the partition are backed up and stored on another partition or drive in the form of an image. This image can be used as a restoration support mechanism.
Now next question is how to ghost backup disk? In this regard, potential ghost backup software windows 10 are available that create these ghost images in no time and makes your data secure from any data loss.
Talking about creating the ghost image of windows 10 via ghost backup software windows 10, you need third-party application software to perform this function. Out of many available in the market, here is this backup software i.e. AOMEI Backupper Professional that helps to create efficient backups and clones in no time. Here are some of the salient features of the software.
- It carries apt potentials in backing up system state, disks, partitions, folders, and files and shows up with one-click system backup and restore.
- It allows automatic backup for files and file systems i.e. backup for specified files daily, weekly, and monthly.
- It provides you with a facility of full incremental and differential backup for the scheduled tasks.
- It also deals with cloning the systems, disk, and partitions to undergo the process of data duplication on other devices. Using this facility, you can create the data duplicates on other devices or directly on SSD.
- It carries efficient assisting tools i.e. AOMEI PXE Boot Tool that helps to proceed with the universal restoration of computers over the LAN.
This professional tool can be employed to ghost image your windows 108.1/8/7/Vista/XP. Moreover, using this software you can ghost you 64 or 32-bit devices. Here are the detailed steps to create a ghost image for windows 10 via AOMEI Backupper.
Step 1: Download and then launch the software on your device.
Step 2: In the main menu, click on the Backup tab and then select the option of System backup.
Step 3: Now select the destination path i.e. the partition that is targeted for backup. The software allows customization in terms of changing the task name in the command box and scheduling the backup in the option of schedule.
Step 4: Once the destination is selected, click Start backup. A new window will open showing the backup progress. When the backup is completed, click Finish to continue. Once the backup is completed, the software will return to its home page and you can see the option of windows 10 backup in the file option.
This is how you can easily create a ghost image for windows 10 by using the AOMEI Backupper in mere 4 steps. This ghost image created can now be used as a data restoration support in a time when the system crashes or fails to work normally.
Hence, in this article, you came to know about a new type of backup that can be used as a data restoration support i.e. ghost imaging. As described above, In case of virus or malware attacks, hardware and software failures, wrong operations, any physical damage to hard drive or device, bad sectors of drive or accidental deletion or formatting of the drive, data loss is mandatory. So to deal with this problem, ghost imaging (backup) can be used to avoid data loss. Available in two forms i.e. system ghost or data ghost, this backup technique saves all the information on another computer or drive i.e. directly on SSD, and can be used as a support to eliminate the need for the reinstallation of applications or operating system. In this article, a ghost imaging software i.e. AOMEI Backupper is introduced with all its potential salient features which makes it perfect to create ghost images for windows 10. All you have to do is to launch the software on your device and then follow the stepwise procedure as mentioned above. You will create a ghost image of windows 10 in no time.
Data Backup Services
- Windows 10 Backup
- Windows 8 Backup
- Best File Sync Software
- Driver Backup
- SD Card Backup
- Best Incremental Backup
- Onedrive Automatic Backup
- External Hard Drive Backup
- Hard Drive Backup Software
- Move Files from C Drive to D Drive
- Best Backup Hard Drive
- Mac Backup Icloud
- Mac Backup Solutions
- Top Mac Hard Drive Backup Softwares
- Backup OneDrive Files to External Drive
- Backup Photos to Google Drive
- Sync Files Outside Dropbox Folder
- iCloud Drive Not Syncing on Windows 10
- Synology Cloud Station
- Sync Local Folders to OneDrive
You Might Also Like
Other popular Articles From Wondershare
Stack Exchange Network
Stack Exchange network consists of 183 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow , the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It only takes a minute to sign up.
Q&A for work
Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search.
How to get rid of random "ghost" monitors and weird behavior with graphics adapter
Some time ago, my graphics adapter randomly started to behave very weird. I was at work when suddenly my computer did what happens when you unplug a HDMI cable from your pc (going black for a split second and then reorganizing the screen). I found this very weird, so I did some research. After messing around I suddenly saw the following:
So... 4 extra screens popped up out of nowhere! Also when I look at my device manager I see this:
which is Dutch, it says "generic non-PnP monitor/screen" and "generic PnP monitor/screen". I am working from my laptop with one external screen (so two screens in total). Also, when I plug in a hdmi cable, sometimes the external screen doesn't work when I put it the screen settings on "duplicate screen" but then it only works when I put it on "external screen only". Who knows what's going on? I already did a driver update and restarted my laptop several times, even took out the battery.
I reinstalled my Intel HD Graphics driver but I still get 4 extra screens. Hope someone can help since it bothers me a lot!
I accepted h3rat's answer for now because that made me get rid of the random extra monitors! Still weird, and if anyone actually knows what causes this problem I'm glad to hear! What I did was delete my new Intel graphics drivers (both from my installed programs and in the graphics adapters section in device manager), installed the older version as noticed by h3rat. After that the monitors were still there, I deleted them in control panel, restarted again and sicne then they don't pop up anymore and everything seems to be fine. Would still like to have an answer why this actually happens!
Aaand they randomly popped back again. Still looking for a solution!
I downloaded the Intel driver updater tool ( http://intel.ly/1JSiYxj ) and there were two new display drivers available which I installed. Immediately after that the gost monitors were gone which is great!
- Have you tried to delete the displays? – Ramhound Nov 3, 2016 at 19:10
- @Ramhound yes and then they just pop back up after a while – Markinson Nov 3, 2016 at 19:26
- I believe that Windows updated the intel driver again. – perseity Dec 5, 2016 at 10:40
8 Answers 8
Try reinstalling the Intel HD Graphics driver to older version specifically 18.104.22.168.4256 -- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-multiple-non-existent-screens/541f1815-de00-47a2-b638-5c0a6fdb01a4
- 1 Using the Intel Driver Utility ( intel.ly/1JSiYxj ) and installing the latest of everything did the job. Thanks for the tip for installing other drivers though! – Markinson Dec 7, 2016 at 7:28
- I had all kinds of multi monitor nonsense happening as well, and this driver fixed it. Split screens 1/3 2/5, but only 1 monitor hooked up. Thanks! – Mike_K May 8, 2017 at 0:00
- 1 Three years later and this still hasn't been fixed in more recent drivers +1. Also, installing this driver seems to be a hassle too. If anyone sees this: download the driver as .zip (extract) and go do devicemanager -> right-click Intel(R) HD Graphics xxxx -> properties -> update driver -> pick your own -> let me pick -> have disk -> browse -> locate your folder where you saved the drivers. Go to the Graphics folder, there you will find igdlh32/64.inf . Pick -> install – Joel Jan 30, 2019 at 9:24
I had the same issue, which I previously attributed to connecting to various TVs in different meeting rooms. However, it appears to be related to Hyper-V; when I removed Hyper-V from the system the problem was immediately fixed.
- Have same issue on a laptop which doesn't have Hyper-V enabled. Still suspect connecting to various external monitors/projectors – abatishchev Jan 24, 2018 at 4:54
I disabled all my Generic non-Pnp screens in device manager and made sure my windows was in PC screen only mode (fn + F8 on my dell pc, brings up the black sidebar on the right, don't know what it ). Then i went to the display settings and tried getting it to display only on display 1 with the help of the dropdown. I had to try a few times since it was acting completely random... Once they were all seperated i could select my display 2 and set it to extend. Pressed apply and all was good again... Hope it can help you :)
- Doesn't work unfortunately. "Phantom screens" just pop right back up :( – Markinson Nov 4, 2016 at 9:17
- they do keep poping up but you can make it work on the screens that actually exist :) – Gerty Nov 7, 2016 at 7:51
I updated to the latest HD Graphics 4600 driver which, at my time, is version 22.214.171.12435 . Because I have a Lenovo T540p with a combined NVIDIA Optimus thing, I had to follow the instructions to force install the driver because it was refusing to install over the existing, outdated, broken, Lenovo-provided one.
Chiming in to mention that for me this issue was directly related to Hyper-V as well. Disabling Hyper-V removed all ghost monitors and allowed me to connect properly to external displays once again.
I had a similar issue when I connected my laptop to an external screen via a USB box (a box where you plug in a single USB into your laptop and the box connects your laptop to multiple things, monitors, keyboard, mouse, internet, etc.).
This box allows for multiple monitor connections and there was both a VGA and a Displayport in there. Removing the VGA, which was plugged in but not connected to any monitor, made the ghost monitor disappear.
I have exactly the same problem on Allienware X15 R1. I have ghost monitors. Additionally in Windows instead of 360 GHz I have torn non-smooth experience. In games everything was fine
I end up re-installing Intel drivers with option "Clean Install". Ghost monitors disappeared, refresh rate back to normal!
- 1 As it’s currently written, your answer is unclear. Please edit to add additional details that will help others understand how this addresses the question asked. You can find more information on how to write good answers in the help center . – Community Bot Apr 16, 2023 at 20:42
Any one of these 4 simple fixes should help:
- Clean your Monitor cable
- Make sure another cable isn't pressing against your monitor cable
- Replace monitor cable
- Make sure there aren't any type of magnets near your computer (yes this is a real thing we use to mess with co-workers by putting one of those magnet things that hold paper clips near their monitor)
- 1 What do you mean under the first step - clean monitor cable? Please add detailed info to your answer. – Alex Ljamin Mar 16, 2017 at 23:33
You must log in to answer this question.
Not the answer you're looking for browse other questions tagged windows-10 graphics-card multiple-monitors ..
- The Overflow Blog
- Letting algorithms guide our path to the next great invention
- The half-life of developer skills is shrinking rapidly
- Featured on Meta
- Sites can now request to enable a banner to warn about their policy on...
Hot Network Questions
- Can CRISPR technology be used to create ‘super soldiers’?
- How many people are awake?
- What is the meaning or information given by the solar image at 4500Å?
- Allow troops to "shoot the hostages free"?
- Is it possible to build a system to generate UUIDs where every UUID is guaranteed unique?
- How did an old mouse detect if it was connected to PS/2 or USB port?
- Can water at absolute zero still be liquid?
- Are links inside checkbox labels acceptable?
- How to boldface text inside sunburst chart and increase font size a little?
- Ladder line vs twisted pair: where do the losses actually occur?
- Why was an inscription commemorating Dresden's bomb deaths removed?
- Can the 90th percentiles of two sub populations both be lower than the overall?
- How do I fix a broken floor tile (without replacing it)
- Can copyright license revocation be retroactive?
- Why do threadless stems allow quick removal of the bars whereas quill stems do not?
- Supervisor does not want to contact reviewer after publication
- Is this sales company trying to scam me?
- Is there a performance penalty for unique key constraint violations in Postgres?
- Is an "arms race" between wages and inflation inevitable?
- Benefits of classical ANOVA F compared to Welch's F?
- Why does "In the next years" sound strange?
- Is Mark 9:24 self-contradictory?
- Are morals and justice meaningless ? What do philosophers think about them?
- Does the War Blessing feat allow clerics to choose from any domain associated with their deity?
All-round Windows PC data backup, sync, and clone software.
- AOMEI Backupper >
- Windows 10 Backup >
Top 2 Easy Ways to Ghost UEFI on Windows 10, 11
Looking for easy ways to create a ghost image of UEFI Windows 10, 11? Read this article carefully to get the detailed steps.
by Delia Updated on October 18, 2022
The increasing needs of UEFI Ghost image
It is increasingly popular to install operating system on a GPT disk. This is partly due to the advantages of GPT disks over MBR disks, such as supporting disk space more than 2TB, and partly due to the fact that more and more computers support UEFI boot which is necessary for GPT disks.
If your Windows 10 operating system is installed on a GPT disk, you may want to Ghost UEFI Windows 10 for system protection. This requirement is even more prevalent in the latest system Windows 11, because Microsoft requires PCs running Windows 11 to use UEFI firmware for security reasons.
So, how can you Ghost UEFI Windows 10 or other OS properly?
How to create UEFI Ghost image of Windows 10/11
First of all, the word "Ghost" here is actually an abbreviation for "General Hardware-Oriented System Transfer". So Ghost UEFI means creating an image that includes all the partitions needed to run your system. This way you can use it to restore your computer to a normal state when your Windows 10,11 system fails.
However, some problems may arise when creating a complete UEFI image due to the GPT partitioning. To Ghost Windows 10, 11 more efficiently and safely, it is recommended to use a professional backup program.
Ghost Windows 10 UEFI using AOMEI Backupper
For those who don't want to spend too much time studying the operation, AOMEI Backupper Professional may be one of the most hassle-free UEFI imaging tool.
It offers an intuitive interface to help you ghost Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP with several clicks. Once something bad like system crash or hard disk failure happens, you can quickly restore your computer to the normal state with the backup image. The best part is that you can even restore system image to dissimilar hardware .
In addition to OS, it contains files, partitions and disk backup features with complete schedule options to meet your various needs. If you want to transfer Windows 10 from one SSD to another or something like that, the System Clone features can also help you migrate operating system with secure boot.
Click the button below to download the free trial and have a try!
Now I will introduce how to create and restore a Ghost image using Windows 10 as an example.
◉ How to Ghost UEFI Windows 10
Step 1. Run AOMEI Backupper. Click Backup and select System Backup .
Step 2. It will automatically select the system related partitions including ESP partition and MSR partition. You only need to select a destination path to store the image file. Then click Start Backup .
Other useful options:
- Schedule Backup: To create Ghost images regularly and keep the latest system state, you can click "Schedule Backup" to automate the operation. Options include Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event triggers and USB plug in.
- Backup Scheme: In case too many Ghost images fill up the target device space, you can enable "Automatic backup cleanup" and create a retention policy to automatically delete older backups .
◉ How to Restore UEFI Windows 10 ghost image
Step 1. Click Restore and then Select Task to load the backup task you created before. You can also click Select Image File to locate the image file directly.
Step 2. Select the system backup task and then click Next .
Step 3. Select to restore the entire backup image or a partition in the image and click Next .
Step 4. At the Operation Summary page, preview the operation that will be executed and click Start Restore .
Tips : To restore a system image created on another computer with different hardware, just tick " Universal Restore " before clicking "Start Restore".
(Alternative) Ghost UEFI Windows 10 with Ghost32
Ghost32 is another tool to create ghost image of Windows 10. But in this method, you need to manually select system partitions and the operations can be a little difficult for computer novices.
Generally speaking, a GPT system disk has 2 more partitions besides the normal system partition. They are Microsoft reserved partition (MSR) and EFI system partition (ESP), and they are hidden in Windows. If you need to ghost Windows 10 on a GPT disk, then you should select these 3 partitions at the same time.
1. Download Ghost32 and open it. Click OK when the information screen appears.
2. Click Local and select Partition . Then click To Image .
3. Hold CTRL and select the 3 partitions, that is, system partition, MSR partition, and ESP partition.
4. Select a place to save the image backup. You can specify a name of the backup, for example, "win10.gho".
5. The tool will ask if you’d like to compress the backup . You can choose No , Fast , or High .
6. Click Yes when asked if you are ready to proceed.
7. Select Continue and then Quit to exit the program.
With the ghost image created above, you can restore your system easily when problems occur:
1. Navigate to Local -> Partition -> From Image .
2. Browse and select the image you wish to deploy and click OK .
3. Select the destination drive.
4. Click Yes and proceed with the image restoration.
To ghost UEFI Windows 10, you can use either Ghost32 or AOMEI Backupper. Compared to Ghost32, AOMEI Backupper is smarter and more user-friendly. It can select system related partitions automatically when creating a system image. What’s more, AOMEI Backupper is professional system clone software which enables you to migrate OS to an SSD/HDD easily.
If you want to protect unlimited computers within your company, you can pick AOMEI Backupper Technician . With the inbuilt AOMEI Image Deploy tool, you are also allowed to deploy/restore system image file on server-side computer to multiple client-side computers over network.
Free way to clone uefi disk as boot drive in windows 10/8/7.
How to clone UEFI/GPT disk to SSD or larger hard drive without converting partition style? Just scroll down to get details, and no reinstallation required.
How to Clone Windows 10 to NVMe SSD Step by Step Guide?
NVMe SSDs can be the perfect upgrade for your Windows 10/11 system and it is now easier than ever to clone Windows 10/11 OS to NVMe drive with a few simple steps.
Backup EFI System Partition for Protection | 2 Free Ways
You never know when you will need the EFI system partition, for example, mistake deletion, so the best way is to backup EFI system partition ahead of time.
UEFI Based System Drive Backup and Restore
Free disk recovery software like AOMEI Backupper Standard helps to perform UEFI restore on a GPT disk and make it bootable.
Free Get AOMEI Backupper Now
Safeguard any data of your computer with backup, sync and clone.
- Canada - (English)
- Canada - (Français)
- Latinoamérica - (Español)
- United States - (English)
- Australia - (English)
- India - (English)
- New Zealand (English)
- Philippines - (English)
- Singapore - (English)
- Traditional Chinese - (繁體中文)
- 대한민국 - (English)
Top Contributors in Windows 10: Ramesh Srinivasan - neilpzz - Horace Wiggins - _AW_ - Reza Ameri
January 9, 2024
Top Contributors in Windows 10:
Ramesh Srinivasan - neilpzz - Horace Wiggins - _AW_ - Reza Ameri
- Search the community and support articles
- Search Community member
Ask a new question
Ghost file showing up on my Windows 10 screen
Report abuse, replies (3) .
- Independent Advisor
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for your feedback.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.
Thanks for your feedback.
(A folder that contains compressed files is called an archive .)
It's probably just an artifact. Step 1 is to click on any unoccupied space on your desktop and press the F5 key. That refreshes your screen.
If the artifact doesn't go away, do either of these - both will restart File Explorer:
1) Open Task Manager and 'End task' on Windows Explorer (old name for File Explorer.) Your screen will go blank for a few seconds and re-load.
2) Restart your computer.
3 people found this reply helpful
- Files, folders, and storage
- Norsk Bokmål