Best OSRS Guides
- OSRS Discords
OSRS Phantom Muspah Guide
- by Ben Thompson
- September 21, 2023
Phantom Muspah is a unique and challenging boss encounter in OSRS, located within the Fate of the Gods questline. To take on this formidable foe, you’ll need a combination of combat skills, strategy, and some preparation. This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to defeat the Phantom Muspah.
To effectively battle the Phantom Muspah, it’s recommended to have the following stats:
- 75 Magic (for Ice Barrage or Blood Barrage)
- 70 Ranged (for Crystal bow )
- 70 Defense (for Dragonhide armor)
- 70 Prayer (for Piety or Rigour)
- 70 Constitution (to survive the battle)
Gear and Inventory Setup
- Weapon : A high-tier weapon like the Noxious Staff, Chaotic Staff, or Armadyl Crossbow is recommended.
- Armor : Wear armor with high Magic or Ranged defense bonuses, such as Karil’s or Armadyl.
- Prayer : Bring Prayer-boosting gear like Proselyte or Elite Void Knight gear . Piety and Rigour are essential.
- Food and Potions : Bring plenty of Saradomin brews and Super restore potions. Some prayer potions and a familiar pouch for emergency food are also wise choices.
- Teleport : A charged Amulet of Glory or the Ardougne Cloak is useful for quick escapes if necessary.
Understanding the Fight
The Phantom Muspah has multiple phases, with each phase having its unique mechanics. You’ll need to pay close attention and adapt as the battle progresses. The main mechanics include:
- Ice Prison : During the fight, the Muspah can encase you in ice. You’ll need to break free using your chosen combat style.
- Minions : The Muspah will summon minions throughout the battle. Deal with them swiftly to avoid being overwhelmed.
- Special Attacks : Watch out for special attacks like the Muspah’s charge attack; it can deal significant damage.
- Phase Transitions : Be prepared to switch between Magic and Ranged attacks, as the Muspah’s protection prayers change during the fight.
- Minions : Prioritize killing the minions to prevent them from overwhelming you. Use area-of-effect abilities if possible.
- Protection Prayers : Keep an eye on the Muspah’s protection prayers and adjust your attack accordingly.
- Prayer and Health Management : Use your Prayer points wisely and sip Saradomin brews to keep your health high.
- Anticipation and Freedom : Utilize abilities like Anticipation and Freedom to mitigate the effects of the ice prison and special attacks.
OSRS – Phantom Muspah Guide
A quick guide on the phantom muspah..
There’s no question that Runescape is one of the oldest games being played today. While Runescape has evolved to acquire a more modern audience, Old School Runescape is available to those that love the aesthetic and nostalgia of playing the original Runescape.
Old School Runescape features a lot of the same content that was featured before and even more additions on top of that.
In this guide, we will be showing you the mechanics of how Phantom Muspah works , and how you can easily defeat this boss without breaking a sweat.
Phantom Muspah Guide – OSRS
The Phantom Muspah is a fast and versatile boss fight, despite its size. You will need to have some great accuracy and powerful attacks in order to defeat it.
To do that, try to get these gears for your build (we also included great alternatives, if you can’t get the recommended gear):
- Masori Maks
- Armadyl Helm
- Crystal Helm
- Blessed D’hide Coif
- Archers Hlem
- Ava’s Accumulator
- Ava’s Attractor
- Amulet of Fury
- Amulet of Glory
- Bow of Faerdinen with Full Crystal
- Zaryte Crossbow with Ruby Dragon Bolts
- Armadyl Crossbow with Ruby Dragon Bolts
- Dragon Crossbow with Ruby Bolts
- Rune Crossbow with Ruby Bolts
- Dragonfire Ward
- Book of Law
- Blessed D’hide Shield
- Arma Chest and Legs
- Crystal Body and Legs
- Karil’s Top and Skirt
- Blessed D’hide Body and Chaps
- Black D’hide
- Barrows Gloves
- Blessed D’hide Vambs
- Black D’hide Vambs
- Ranger Boots
- Blessed D’hide Boots
- Brimstone Boots
- Shayzien Boots 5
- Snakeskin Boots
- Ring of Suffering
- Brimstone Ring
While these gears are great for the boss, you should also have these in your inventory for emergencies :
- Harmonised Nightmare Staff
- Sanguinesti Staff
- Trident of the Swamp
- Trident of the Seas
- Ancient Scepter
- Ancient Staff
- Occult Necklace
- Tormented Bracelet
- Elidinis’ Wand
- Zaryte Crossbow with Sapphire Dragon Bolts
- Book of the Dead
- Divine Ranging Potions
When it comes to the fight itself, you will need to watch out for the beginning because the Phantom Muspah will spawn either in range mode or melee mode. Both are deadly, but range mode will easily get your health down if you aren’t ready.
It’s advised to hit it from afar with a ranged attack as well. Once it takes around 100 damage , the Muspah will change to its melee mode .
The Muspah has an attack that heals itself if the player is damaged . This attack comes in the form of spikes, which the Muspah will spawn if you aren’t careful.
If the Muspah is in its range mode, it will charge a magic attack that can apply Corruption onto the player, draining your prayer points.
Your goal is to stay far away from the Muspah in both its range and melee forms. You do not want to get caught near it, as it can do more damage if you are.
ALSO READ: How to Farm Skill Points (SP) in Atelier Ryza 3
Old School Runescape OSRS
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
I agree to ItemLevel's storage and processing of my personal data. *
How to Farm Skill Points (SP) in Atelier Ryza 3
Fruit Warriors – Best Starting Item & How To Get It
© 2021-2023 Item Level