Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges , and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
Talk:Ghost of a Chance (epic)
- Episodes featuring alternate colored Pokémon
- Episodes focusing on Pikachu
- Episodes focusing on Togepi
A Ghost of a Chance
- View history
- 2 Episode plot
- 3.1 Character
- 3.2 Pokémon
Synopsis [ ]
Ash and co finally arrive in Ecruteak City . Ash heads to the gym for his battle only to have he, Misty and Brock be attacked by Ghost Pokémon. Just as Ash was about to fight back a young man stops him and explains that the ghost Pokémon were just protecting their home. He introduces himself as Morty, the Ecruteak Gym Leader. Ash asks for a battle but Morty declines saying that where they were standing wasn't the place to have one. Then a picture of a Pokémon Ash saw caught his eye and Morty explains that it was Ho-Oh. Was that Pokémon really what Ash saw when his journey began?
Episode plot [ ]
The heroes arrive to Ecruteak City. They see a landmark, the Tin Tower, where close by the Gym should be. Ash runs to the Gym, while Brock and Misty understand his excitement for the next badge. They notice the city is older, as Brock reads it values tradition. Suddenly, a flame appears, as a fire-breathing clown named Infernando appears. He knows that they are new in town (hence Brock's guidebook) and offers them a "Treasure Detector", to find old things in the city. Ash and Misty pass by him to get to the Gym. Infernando tells they can use this detector at the Gym. Brock is interested in using this detector to find girls, causing him to be scolded by Misty.
Jessie and Meowth are sad, as they have lost the twerps from sight. James knows the twerps are headed for the Gym (since it is usually what they do when coming into the town). Jessie and Meowth are, nevertheless, hungry, as Jessie gives her purse to James to buy some food. The heroes come to the Gym and are surprised, since it looks different and old. James encounters Infernando, who persuades him to buy the detector. James comes back to Jessie and Meowth to report he gave his money away to buy the detector, causing Jessie and Meowth to hit him on his head. James is confident the detector will allow him to find the treasure, sell it and buy food. James uses the detector and finds something. He digs up and finds a bottle cap, thanking Ecruteak City and the detector for such an discovery. Jessie wishes he'd dig up an pizza using the detector.
The heroes come to the real Gym, but see it is an old burned tower. The heroes go inside (following Brock's guidebook) and Brock notices the scorches look old. Suddenly, flames appear, so the heroes go downstairs to the basement. Even there, the flames appear, so Ash and Misty send Totodile and Staryu to use Water Gun to douse the fire. It does not work, so Totodile comes closer to douse the fire, but with no effect. Totodile comes into the flames and is not burned; Brock confirms the flames are not hot, so it is an illusion. Ash sends Noctowl, who uses Foresight, revealing the flames to be Gastly. Gastly use Nightshade, so Noctowl tackles them (since Foresight allows them to be hit with such moves). Gastly retreat, but come back with Haunter on their side. Pikachu uses Thundershock, but the ghosts disappear and float around them. A Gengar appears and Pikachu goes to attack it, but a man comes and stops the fighting. The Ghost Pokémon come to this man, who explains to the heroes the Pokémon want to protect this place. He calls the ghosts off and introduces himself as Morty, the Ecruteak City's Gym Leader.
Ash challenges him to a battle, but Morty tells this is not the place to do it, as many think this is a Gym. Morty tells once a place of hope, this place is a home for Ghost Pokémon. The heroes are sad, as they see they trespassed, while the ghosts wanted to protect their home. Ash sees a drawing of a Pokémon. Morty tells it is a Legendary Pokémon Ho-Oh, though Ash recalls seeing it once, when he started his journey. Morty thinks he saw a different Pokémon, as Ho-Oh has not been seen in centuries. Morty tells that the Tin Tower they saw on their way here is a copy, as this is the original. Morty tells his family guarded this tower for generations; it was a place where Ho-Oh appeared. However, people wanted it to use for evil powers and the tower was burned, so Ho-Oh fled. Morty's family decided to keep this Burned Tower as a memorial, but build a new Tin Tower, though Ho-Oh did not appear there. It makes Ash think of the time he and Pikachu saw Ho-Oh .
Suddenly, Togepi walks into a hole and Pikachu follows it. Morty leads the heroes into another room, but knows the fire caused support beams to crash. Instead, he calls Gengar, who gets Haunter and Gastly to find Pikachu and Togepi. Pikachu found Togepi, who runs away. James led Jessie and Meowth to the Burned Tower, collecting more caps. Jessie thinks they should sell the caps, but James protests, as they make him happy. He is disgusted to see them money-hungry, though Meowth tells they are plain hungry. Togepi appears, making Team Rocket happy they will capture that Pokémon. Pikachu appears as well, making them even more happy. Pikachu goes to zap them, but Team Rocket respond he'll zap Togepi as well. Pikachu surrenders, so they got him as well. Gastly reports to Morty, as it saw Pikachu and Togepi on the surface. Morty acknowledges that and leads the heroes out of the tower. Team Rocket run away, but Morty's Gengar uses its tongue to trip them over. The heroes come and see Team Rocket with Pikachu and Togepi.
Ash goes to get them, but gets scratched by Meowth. Jessie and James go to battle them, but Meowth reminds them they usually get blasted off, so they run away. Gengar goes to battle them, so Jessie sends Arbok and James Weezing. They go to attack, but Gengar disappears before them. It appears behind them and hits them, knocking them down. Gengar stops Team Rocket, while Morty is disgusted, since they are trainers that steal Pokémon. Gengar uses Nightshade to release Pikachu and Togepi, while Haunter and Gastly catch them and give them back to Ash and Misty. Arbok and Weezing attack Gengar, who disappears, causing them to bash onto the ground. Gengar gets wrapped by Arbok, but it disappears and retaliates with Shadow Ball. Arbok and Weezing go to intercept, but get hit and blast off with Team Rocket. The heroes are amazed by this Shadow Ball, but Brock reminds Ash he is surely to battle Gengar in his match.
Morty advises Ash to have the Gym Battle tomorrow. Ash agrees, as he needs to sleep to focus on the battle. Morty goes in the Gym, while Brock and Misty warn Ash his Pokémon are tricky and powerful. Ash is not worried, as he will see for himself tomorrow.
17 November 2022
26 January 2022
17 November 2021
Character [ ]
Pokémon [ ].
- This episode was set to be called "The Tower Inferno" before the 9/11 incident. Pokémon.com also referred to this episode by that title until late 2010.
- The "Who's that Pokémon?" is Raticate .
Gallery [ ]
- 2 Legendary Pokémon
- Cast & crew
- User reviews
A Ghost of a Chance
Three children try to fight against the destruction of a local historic landmark. They are helped by a group of friendly ghosts. Three children try to fight against the destruction of a local historic landmark. They are helped by a group of friendly ghosts. Three children try to fight against the destruction of a local historic landmark. They are helped by a group of friendly ghosts.
- Jan Darnley-Smith
- Patricia Latham
- Stephen Brown
- Cheryl Vidgen
- 3 User reviews
- See more at IMDbPro
- Sir Jocelyn Hermitage
- Thomas Dogood
- Miss Woollie
- Mr. Prendergast
- Ball and Chain Main
- Mayor's Assistant
- Lorry Driver
- Town Hall Clerk
- Desk Sergeant
- All cast & crew
- Production, box office & more at IMDbPro
More like this
Did you know
- Goofs Early in the film, Mr. Perry is behind Mr. Prendergast. Mr. Perry brightens the lamp that he holds behind Mr. Prendergast. Mr. Prendergast's front is illuminated.
User reviews 3
- Jan 24, 2023
- January 1, 1967 (United Kingdom)
- United Kingdom
- Gespenster - zum Glück Gespenster
- Black Park, Wexham, Buckinghamshire, England, UK (Lake scenes)
- Fanfare Films
- See more company credits at IMDbPro
- Runtime 50 minutes
Contribute to this page.
- See more gaps
- Learn more about contributing
More to explore
Ghost of a Chance
- Edit source
- View history
It's been four years to the day since Myotismon's defeat and the death of an old friend—a friend who has returned to give the DigiDestined a warning of things to come.
Synopsis [ ]
As the anniversary of Myotismon's defeat approaches, people at the Fuji TV Station start quitting because they see a ghost everywhere. When the whole team, old and new Digi-Destined, go to the TV Station, they find out that the ghost is actually Wizardmon , the Digimon that sacrificed himself for Kari and Gatomon to allow them to defeat Myostismon three years ago! He tells Gatomon that "Kindness will release the Golden Radiance" and "Kindness alone will not be able to defeat the darkness." He disappears, leaving the Digi-Destined to their very confused thoughts.
Featured characters [ ]
( Numbers indicate order of appearance. Bolded characters are fought by the protagonist(s), and italicized characters feature non-explicitly, e.g. voice, silhouette, image. )
Digimon Analyser [ ]
No Digimon are analysed in this episode.
Digivolutions [ ]
(Number indicates order of occurrence.)
Davis : "You guys have a date to do fractions? What gives?" T.K. : "No, Davis. That's a date, not a fraction."
"There's enough of us here to start our own soccer league."
"You guys have to stick together, no matter what. Remember that friendship is the key, or you'll all be toast."
"I haven't been here in a while. It's...the same. Including the smell of your socks."
"First, I'll take a little stroll over to our old refrigerator and, uh, take a peak at what's...not expired."
T.K. : "Dad, what's the matter?" Mr. Ishida : "I don't even know how to explain it." Matt : "Don't tell me, Myotismon destroyed the station again."
Matt : "You've flipped your lid!" T.K. : "Don't mind him, Dad. He's just not a happy little buffalo."
Izzy : "Come on, Davis. Give it a try." Davis : "Wha—! Who, me?" Kari : "No, silly, he means the other boy with goggles." Davis : "Oh, where is he?"
T.K. : "It's the ghost!" Kari : "Who ya gonna call?"
Davis : "He doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!" Kari : "Good one."
"Your enemy is not only the Digimon Emperor, but a much greater darkness. The darkness...it cannot be defeated with strength alone. You must return the one wrapped in darkness to his true self...Kindness will release the golden radiance."
"That Wizardmon. What a friend. Even from beyond he still continues to watch over me."
Other notes [ ]
- In the English dub, T.K. says that August 1st is "the anniversary of when the DigiDestined defeated Myotismon", though it's actually the day they first went to (and returned from) the Digital World - Myotismon was defeated two days later.
- When the original DigiDestined meet the new DigiDestined, the knot on the back of Kari's scarf is missing.
- When Veemon, Armadillomon and Hawkmon rush in to save Gatomon from the ghost of Wizardmon, a previous animation frame of Hawkmon's beak remains on-screen.
- When Veemon, Armadillomon and Hawkmon gasp at seeing Wizardmon, Hawkmon has two canine teeth in his beak, one of which is colored black. Armadillomon also has four canine teeth in his mouth.
- In the English dub, a moment is removed near the beginning when one of the men working at the TV station takes out a cigarette.
- In the original episode, when explaining why the computer room will soon be inaccessible, T.K. says that it's going to be used for summer computer classes, whilst in the English dub, he says that it's going to be the new detention room.
- The DigiDestined reflect generally on the events of the previous series, Digimon Adventure .
- Sora, Mimi and Yolei visit Tokyo Tower , where Sora and Mimi fought one of Myotismon's henchmen, SkullMeramon , in the episode Gatomon Comes Calling .
- Matt and T.K. come across a store in Shibuya where they met Pumpkinmon and Gotsumon in the episode Out on the Town .
- Wizardmon died after taking an attack from Myotismon in the episode Wizardmon's Gift .
- The main events foretold in Wizardmon's prophecy take place in the episode The Crest of Kindness . "Kindness" refers to Ken and the Crest of Kindness , "golden radiance" refers to the Digi-Egg of Miracles , and "the darkness" refers to Myotismon , who reveals himself to the DigiDestined near the end of the series.
- Matt and T.K.'s dad, Hiroaki, has a "Sonic" CD player, a parody of the Sony brand.
- Sora, Mimi and Yolei visit Tokyo Tower (see above).
- As Wizardmon's ghost flies around the ceiling of the TV station, Kari says, "Who ya gonna call?"; a catchphrase from the film Ghostbusters .
- Kari announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- Davis announces the episode title in the English dub.
- In Matt's apartment, there's a picture on the wall displaying his Japanese name, Yamato.
- This is the first time in this season that we see a digivolution from In-Training to Rookie level. It's also the first time we see Veemon, Hawkmon and Armadillomon in the real world.
- Many of the events of this episode foreshadow the revelation that Myotismon is the true enemy of the series such as the flashbacks to the battles with his forces, the return of Wizardmon as a ghost which is the form that Myotismon was also left in following his destruction and the return to the TV station where Myotismon was destroyed the first time only to return later.
- 1 Angewomon
- 3 Royal Knights
Dungeons & Dragons Online®
Originally posted by Taebrythn : you can get an ethereal weapon from borderlands area. i don't see it as a big deal. which is now a good idea to get them if free/premium without the pack. it only requires 1 ingot. then eventually upgrade to something better or the trinket if you get that too. the weapon is level 2
Originally posted by Guelresd : With lvl 250 crafting solves the problem for weapons with GT, lvl 400 for unbound (the ingredients are not that rare). If you do Mabar, you could have gotten Ruby from GT. I solved my problems with GT in low lvl using these two alternatives. An old scholl alternative is Catacombs items: lvl 1 is a great sword Battleworn Sword, for lvl 2 they have dagger, long sword and wraps.
Originally posted by Doug : Originally posted by Taebrythn : you can get an ethereal weapon from borderlands area. i don't see it as a big deal. which is now a good idea to get them if free/premium without the pack. it only requires 1 ingot. then eventually upgrade to something better or the trinket if you get that too. the weapon is level 2
Originally posted by Taebrythn : Originally posted by Doug : Sure. But in using it, you give up at least one effect you'd otherwise have on a similar weapon. That's the downside to weapon-based GT. For example, the ML2 'Nicked' weapons from the Sharn Syndicate chain are quite good (each has THREE effects), but none has GT. So you have to decide which to use or switch back and forth when a reaper appears.
Report this post
- Member List
- Mark Forums Read
- View Forum Leaders
- Who's Online
- What's New?
- Not Logged In?
- Everything Else
ghost of a chance ddo walkthrough
Thread: ghost of a chance ddo walkthrough.
- Bookmark & Share
- Digg this Thread!
- Add Thread to del.icio.us
- Bookmark in Technorati
- Tweet this thread
- Spurl this Thread!
- Wong this Thread!
- Show Printable Version
- Email this Page…
- Subscribe to this Thread…
- Share this post on
Ddo ghost of a chance walkthrough, ddo ghost of a chance puzzle walkthrough, forum quick links.
- Price Guides
- Custom Link 4
- Custom Link 5
- Friend us on facebook
- Subscribe for tweets
- Read our RSS feeds