- Ghost hunters
- Team Phantom
- View history
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Personality
- 4.1 Jeremy and Pamela Manson
- 4.2 Ida Manson
- 4.3 Danny Fenton
- 4.4 Tucker Foley
- 4.5 Jazz Fenton
- 4.6 Undergrowth
- 4.7 Princess Dorathea
- 4.8 Prince Aragon
- 4.10 Dani Fenton
- 5.2 Abilities
- 6.1 Season 1
- 6.2 Season 2
- 6.3 Season 3
- 6.4 Crossovers
- 7.1 The College Years
- 7.2 10 Years Later
- 8.1 "Reign Storm"
- 11 References
Sam's family is extremely wealthy, being descendants of the great inventor of the deli toothpick cellophane-twirling device. However, she keeps her family's wealth as a secret, only revealing it to her best friends in Attack of the Killer Garage Sale .
Sam has known Tucker and Danny since at least the second grade, as shown in Splitting Images . She is responsible for Danny's accident and designing the "D" emblem on his outfit, which became a permanent change to his costume as of Memory Blank .
During Danny's ghost-hunting adventures, Sam has gotten into her fair share of troubles and adventures, ranging from being turned briefly into a ghost dragon when wearing the Amulet of Aragon when Paulina gave it to Sam, thinking it was hers, to accidentally wishing away Danny Phantom's existence, to nearly being a bride to Prince Aragon and to getting possessed by Undergrowth .
See Also: Sam Manson/Clothes Sam is a young Caucasian girl with violet eyes, and short black hair with a small ponytail at the top and at the back of her head held by a green hair tie. She also wears purple lipstick.
Sam's usual clothing consists of a black choker around her neck, a black top that exposes her midriff with a purple oval in the centre, black striped skirt with a green crosshatch design, purple tights, and black combat boots. She also wears a pair of black bracelets around both of her wrists.
She has also been seen in a wide variety of outfits, ranging from a rocker rebel than a goth of black and purple ball gown to a pink princess dress with hearts, and even one of the orange Fenton Works jumpsuits. In Beauty Marked , she wore fake vampire fangs.
Sam's personality is less dreary than the stereotypical " goth " persona that is often depicted in media. She can be rational, sarcastic, forceful, bossy, passionate, and strong-willed, but also good-hearted and caring. Based on how she conducts herself, it would be fairer to say that she labels herself a goth more as an outlet for her independence and individuality than as an embrace of how the stereotypical goth is presumed to behave. She isn't spoiled and would rather earn real friends instead of dealing with the popularity and fake friendships that come with wealth.
Out of the three, Sam is usually the most rational and mature, often thinking on a realistic level compared to her friends and pointing out to Danny to focus more on ghost training and hunting. It is clear that she would do anything she could to help her friends during their numerous battles and keep them out of trouble.
As an ultra-recyclo-vegetarian (she doesn't eat anything with a face), Sam is often livid over the wider range of popular materials. In Mystery Meat , she forces her ultra-recyclo-vegetarian diet on the entirety of Casper High School , despite her claims of the importance of individuality.
Sam can be rather hypocritical at times. She advises Danny against using his ghost powers for abusing bullies, but in 'Memory Blank', she suggests that he uses them to scare away people from buying environmentally-threatening trucks.  This trait often gets on Danny and Tucker's nerves. Another example is in Double Cross My Heart , when she got angry at Danny for spying on her and Gregor , but had previously done the same thing to him when he was going out with Valerie in Flirting With Disaster .
Additionally, Sam's poor qualities also include not taking responsibility for her actions. No matter how much she is at fault, she never accepts the fact she is responsible, never admits she's wrong and wants everyone to be her "Yes Man." Despite this, she is willing to take the blame for things to cover for Danny. 
Jeremy and pamela manson.
Sam has an often strained relationship with her parents due to their optimistic, colorful personalities opposing, and sometimes oppressing, her darker outlook on life and more rebellious interests.  Her mother usually tries to get her to wear clothing that is completely out of her style, such as in Control Freaks and Reign Storm . Sam mentions that she likes messing with her parents, and enjoys their absence as shown in Pirate Radio. In spite of this, she does care about them.
Sam seems to more close to her grandmother than her parents, as Ida is more understanding to her, listens to Sam more. and thinks Sam deserves more freedom. When Sam sneaks out to help Danny, despite her being under house arrest by her parents, Ida catches her, than looks the other way so she can help Danny after she explains the circumstances to her, and Sam kisses Ida on the forehead out of gratitude for doing so.
Sam also seems to her inherited her rebellious non-conformist attitude from Ida as she explained to Sam how she was a rebel when she was a teenager too in Control Freaks .
Throughout the TV series, Sam and Danny are best friends who have known each other since childhood. They always spend most of their time together, alongside their other best friend, Tucker. The two frequently quarrel, but in the end, still manage to reconcile and support each other. Sam cares a lot for Danny, and this can be seen in Parental Bonding , when she became so furious at Paulina for using Danny just to end up hurting him, that she became a dragon, (because of the amulet), who tried to attack her. She is willing to stand up for him and doing everything she can in order to keep their friendship in tact. In Memory Blank , after their argument, Sam unknowingly made a wish to Desiree that she wished she had never met him. Unfortunately, her wish was granted by and upon realizing, she regretted it, as she knew that she didn't truly mean it. She tried doing every thing she could to make things right and restore their friendship, even wearing a outfit she hated in order to get his attention.
In certain ways, Sam is actually the most enthusiastic of the three when it comes to Danny's powers and their potential. When he expresses his desire to get rid of his powers and have a normal teen life, she voices her distaste for the idea. When Danny voluntarily gives up his powers in Phantom Planet , Sam tells him that she's disappointed in his wish to be just like everybody else and tells him that she had been proud to be helping him when he was doing something good, refusing to "sit on the sidelines". She also reveals at this time that when Danny was protecting Amity Park, she felt safe knowing that there was someone out there doing the right thing, but with him no longer fighting ghosts, she's not sure what would happen.
She and Danny have always been assumed to be dating by numerous people, such as Dash in 'Mystery Meat', Valerie in Shades of Gray , Paulina in Parental Bonding, Mr. Lancer and Ember in Fanning the Flames , Star in 'Flirting with Disaster', Johnny 13 in Girls' Night Out and even Nocturn in Frightmare . However, they would always deny it, knowing that they weren't actually together.
Despite all these claims, Sam noticeably starts to develop an actual crush on him starting in 'Fanning the Flames', when she longingly stares at him as they fly to the music store . When Danny is under Ember's love spell, she mentions she enjoyed a little bit of the attention that he was giving her, but was not fully able to do so due to the seriousness of the situation. She also admits that even though she may have possibly wanted to be in a relationship with Danny, she didn't want it to be because of the love spell. Even at the end, her crush on him still remains. Her feelings towards him might have been hinted previously in 'Shades of Grey', when she kisses him for the first time, even though she passed it off as a "fake-out-make out".
Tucker was able to pick up Sam's crush on Danny soon enough, and would sometimes hint at the topic such as in Reality Trip and 'Double Cross My Heart'. Danny himself however, was rather still oblivious about her feelings towards him. Sam always had difficulty expressing her crush on him, as shown in Reign Storm , when she couldn't admit to Valerie that she liked Danny as more than a friend.
Her only other intimate interaction with him was "fake-out-make out number two" in Memory Blank which was initiated by Danny in order to create a distraction from his father. In both of the "fake-out-make outs" that they had, the two seemed to enjoy it, although they later become embarrassed by these intimate moments.  
Sam has definitely shown to express an intense dislike towards other girls that Danny has had a crush on or interacted with. She would always seem to be annoyed and irritated by their presence or even when Danny mentioned them. She was upset that Danny had ditched her and Tucker in order to spend time with Paulina (who was actually being overshadowed by Kitty) in Lucky in Love , or in Flirting With Disaster , where her jealousy had reached its peak as Danny and Valerie briefly dated each other. Her extreme jealousy has known to get the best of her, but she has never been able to open up to him, in fear of ruining or complicating their friendship. In " Double Cross My Heart ," she cringes when Tucker asks her if she knew how it felt to like someone she couldn't date. Ironically, Danny asks her this question, because he feels that way about his ghost persona's enemy, Valerie.
The two finally had their first real kiss in the series finale, and finally end up together. Of all of Danny's crushes, Sam is the only one who likes Danny as both Fenton and Phantom, and not just either one of them.
Sam considers Tucker her other best friend as well, and cares for him nearly as much as Danny. but the two are quite opposites (his meat habits as opposed to her vegetarian habits, his lighthearted behavior to her more down-to-earth method) and often bicker over even the most mundane reasons.
Sam sometimes considers him to be an annoyance but is shown to still enjoy his company. This is shown when she broke up with Gregor because of how he insulted Tucker behind his back in " Double Cross My Heart ", showing that she cares more about the feelings of her friends than to impress a boy. In the episode " Life Lessons ," Tucker and Sam are caretakers of a flour sack for a school project.
Upon Jazz's admittance of her knowledge of Danny's ghost powers, Jazz begins to assist Tucker, Sam, and Danny in capturing various ghosts which attack Amity Park.
In the episode " Girls' Night Out ," Sam gains respect for Jazz's ghost-fighting abilities when her plan to rescue Amity Park from the allied Spectra , Ember , and Kitty is successful. Both of them work together without disagreement in the later episodes and try to keep Danny's secret from everyone.
Undergrowth, a plant ghost, overshadowed Sam and became her "father" once he took over Amity Park . He turned her into his second-in-command because of her love for nature. He went as far as giving her plant-related powers to serve as a new "mother" for Undergrowth's plant children, although she was mind-controlled by him the whole time.
In " Beauty Marked ", Dorathea disguises herself as a human named Dora Mattingly, and organizes a beauty contest at Casper High to find a bride for her brother. Sam is accidentally named the winner and Dora takes her to the Ghost Zone to marry Aragon .
While preparing for the wedding Dorathea confesses to Sam that her brother constantly bullies her and forces her to do whatever he wishes. Sam responds by doing her best to fill Dorathea with confidence so she can stand up to her brother, telling her they share the same power and is just as strong as him. Eventually Aragon is defeated and Dorathea takes over their kingdom as the new ruler.
In " Beauty Marked ," Prince Aragon wishes to have a human bride, so he sends his sister to find a suitable woman via a beauty pageant. Danny becomes the judge of the pageant and accidentally chooses Sam as the winner.
She is transported to Aragon's castle, where she undergoes preparation to be his wife and queen. However, in a manner typical of some villains who desire a queen, he treats Sam in a highly misogynistic manner. Danny and Tucker eventually rescue her, along with Dora's help.
Introduced in " Double Cross My Heart ," Elliot attempts to impress Sam in order to date her. He disguises himself as a Hungarian foreign exchange student named Gregor and tells her he is a goth and an Ultra-Recyclo Vegetarian.
Suspicious of his claims, Danny follows him and Sam on a date one night using his invisibility power, further suspecting him of associating with the Guys in White (since he wears all white like they do, even though he states that white is the new black in Hungary). This upsets Sam, who considers actually dating Elliot.
However, Elliot insults Sam's friends and accidentally reveals his identity as a womanizing American teen from Michigan, which causes Sam to lose all interest in him.
Sam and Dani didn't spent too much time together during the series, in fact when they first met, Sam seems to have an instant dislike for Danielle as she (unintentionally) spilled food her and Tucker and later when she found out she was working for Vlad her dislike for the younger Half-Ghost grew but apparently by the end Sam seems to have forgiven Dani since she help saved Danny from Vlad (and the trio from being grounded).
After Phantom Planet, Butch Hartman revealed that Danielle was adopted into the Fenton family, this means that Sam and Dani would have come to know each other over the years and grew to care for the other, especially since its implied they will eventually become sisters in laws.
Powers and Abilities
Sam doesn't have any supernatural powers on her own, though she has gained ghost powers in some way during several episodes:
- Dragon Transformation (briefly) : In " Parental Bonding ," while wearing Princess Dorathea 's amulet, she was able to transform into a dragon when she got angry. This form gave Sam superhuman strength, flight, and the ability to breathe fire.
- Plant Control (briefly) : In the episode and videogame Urban Jungle , while being under the control of Undergrowth, Sam had the ability to command plants, which she used to attack and trap her enemies. To what extent is unknown, but she was able to use them to capture Danny in their brief fight.
- Flight /Levitation (briefly) : In " Doctor's Disorders ," Sam briefly gained the ability to float after she was bitten by a ghost mosquito, though she wasn't able to control it and often found herself stuck against the ceiling because of it.
- Fenton Weaponry Expertise : Sam can use the Fentons' ghost-hunting technology with great expertise and skill. She often uses them to help in battles or in Danny's ghost training. Sam is skilled with the Fenton Weaponry. She, along with Tucker , is often shown using the Fenton Thermos with great aim. Sam has also been shown to be capable of wielding Bazooka's well enough to be able to aim and fire rapidly. Sam is often seen using the Specter Defector on numerous occasions.
- Paranormal & Mythology Knowledge/Occult Knowledge : Sam is quite knowledgeable about goth subjects; anything spooky or creepy like dark and evil artifacts. Danny was only able to defeat Fright Knight and Box Ghost with her knowledge of the Soul Shredder and the Pandora's Box , respectively. This ability also came in handy during Freakshow 's attack on the Dumpty Humpty concert in Reality Trip . Reading a book written by Freakshow himself allowed her, Danny and Tucker to send the Reality Gems away. She has extensive knowledge of Greek Mythology, because of her affinity with dark stories. She was able to identify Pandora's box with relative ease due to the book she bought at a store. She was able to help Danny fight Pandora's box and Box Ghost.
- Multilingual Skill : Like Danny, Sam learned how to speak Esperanto in case they met with Wulf again. She has also displayed some knowledge of French, Italian, and Japanese, between other languages in the episode "Urban Jungle" while talking to her plants.
- Athleticism: Sam has displayed athletic ability on multiple occasions. She's able to shoot perfect Basket Ball shots without even looking, proved to be a good runner and performed five chin ups and a bar flip with ease. She has also completed a boot camp styled course involving monkey bar climbing and tire running. In Micro Management she was chosen be Tucker's fitness buddy/trainer. Additionally she was shown to be strong enough to leave a dent in a locker after punching it and crush a metal napkin dispenser in her hands. She was able to pass gym with an A and it is shown that she is more physically fit than Danny in his human form, and Tucker Foley.
- 101. " Mystery Meat "
- 102. " Parental Bonding "
- 103. " One of a Kind "
- 104. " Attack of the Killer Garage Sale "
- 105. " Splitting Images "
- 106. " What You Want "
- 108. " Prisoners of Love "
- 109. " My Brother's Keeper "
- 110. " Shades of Gray "
- 111. " Fanning the Flames "
- 112. " Teacher of the Year "
- 113. " Fright Night "
- 114. " 13 "
- 115. " Public Enemies "
- 116. " Lucky in Love "
- 117. " Maternal Instinct "
- 118. " Life Lessons "
- 119. " The Million Dollar Ghost "
- 120. " Control Freaks "
- Every episode of Season 2
- Every episode of Season 3
- The Fairly Odd Phantom
The college years.
Sam is still Danny's girlfriend. She’s there to support him and sticks with him through all of the new challenges thrown their way. She and Danny are always struggling to find time alone, away from fans and the media, as well as complete their mission. They still battle ghosts and Sam is determined to make sure they succeed.
10 Years Later
Version 1 The idea behind this first version is that Sam is Danny's sidekick, in that she’s still capable and a good fighter but at the end of the day Danny is the core, defining character in the team. Hartman commented that he sees Danny as a Captain America type of character, and so Sam would be Black Widow (in this analogy). If she is the Danny Phantom version of Black Widow, it is implied that she is a strong, adaptable, more than capable fighter. In addition to her skills, she also an arsenal of guns and machinery at her disposal.
Version 2 The second design is what she would wear as her everyday outfit. It has a hipster style to it because, as described by Hartman, gothic clothing was the equivalent of the early/mid 2000s version of a hipster. And so the new style would be an updated/modern version of that same attitude.
Version 3 The third version is another version of her everyday clothes, but unlike the previous version the style is similar to that seen in the series. The clothes and physical attributes are aged up and she now wears a jacket, but maintains a similar style/vibe to the original 14-year-old Sam.
Version 4 This version is similar to the first "Black Widow" version, but with an outfit more like her original clothes seen in the series. This iteration of Sam 10 years later is a Laura Croft-eque, armored, serious fighter.
Version 5 The final version of Sam 10 years later is a mix of the fourth (Laura Croft style) version and Sam's original design, with the clothes themselves resembling her original outfit, and her weaponry resembling the fourth version. Her outfit is similar to her outfit seen in the series. Her black crop top, black and green skirt, black boots, black choker and top ponytail remain the same. Her ponytail holder and leggings have inverted colors, with the leggings being green and the ponytail holder now purple. Her black crop top now has the Danny Phantom logo on it where the purple oval was. Her choker is more detailed, with either rhinestones or spikes on it. Added to her outfit are the goggles on top of her head, which are Maddie's goggles, and a purple Matrix-style jacket with a Danny Phantom logo on it. Her weapons include a larger version of the wrist ray, and a small hand-held blaster.
" Reign Storm "
- Tucker: "Hey, Val? Isn't that the same Val that's usually on a jet sled trying to paste Danny?"
- "Doesn't anyone in this town drive a compact car?"
- Sam's favorite colors are black and purple, as her clothing contains two of the same colors.
- She originally was supposed to have a 'psychic connection' with Danny that would let one know where the other one was; however, this was nixed right before the premiere, since Danny already had ghost powers and Sam had other attributes; Butch Hartman didn't want them to seem too developed already. This connection is hinted at numerous times throughout the series when Danny and Sam have the same reaction or response to situations/comments, but is typically brushed off as merely being a case of long-time friends thinking alike.
- She, along with Tucker, has been in all but one episode of the entire series (" Bitter Reunions ").
- Sam's name in the mainland Chinese dub is 小珊 (Xiao Shan), which means "little coral."
- In " Life Lessons ," she names her and Tucker's flour sack child "Lilith," which is a reference to the actual name of a female demon in Jewish mythology.
- Sam enjoys monster movies, her favorites being female monsters Femalien , Terminatra , and Nightmerica (all of which are spoofs of various male monsters: Femalien inspired by Alien and Predators , Terminatra inspired by The Terminator , and Nightmerica inspired by Freddy Kruger). She also enjoys Akira Kurosawa's samurai films.
- Sam goes by the pseudonym "Chaos" in the Doomed video game.
- Additionally, Sam is a fan of music, including Nine Inch Nails. She also has a collection of vinyl records.
- Sam also has shown interest in Gothic, Paranormal and Mythological/Occult literature. Throughout the series she has visited and brought reference to the goth bookstore Skulk and Lurk Books , and has frequented it often enough to consider it her favorite. Chronicles of the Fright Knight , Edward Gory and Goth's Guide to Mythology are three books she's purchased. Additionally, she enjoys attending poetry nights.
- The book Edward Gory is a reference to Edward St. John Gorey , a writer and illustrator for gothic works.
- On Sam's bedroom walls, there are posters that reference to various bands and movies, some of which include A Clockwork Orange , Einstürzende Neubauten , and Nine Inch Nails .
- Sam has openly admitted to being a "cat person". 
- Sam has at least 10 different outfits in the series.
- Confirmed in " Secret Weapons ," Sam is an only child.
- She appears in the mobile game Nickelodeon Pixel Town (only available in Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines), you can get her if you merge Danny Phantom and Kraang from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the memory center.
- Character Designer Stephen Silver drew his own take on what Sam would look like 10 years later.
- Sam is the first female character to have a crush on Danny followed by Paulina Sanchez , Valerie Gray , an unnamed girl with braces and Ember McLain .
- 1 Danny Phantom (character)
- 2 Sam Manson
- 3 Ember McLain
- Animated characters
- Sci-fi characters
- Fantasy characters
- Crossover characters
- TV show characters
- Characters in video games
- Comedy characters
- Martial Artists
- Characters with elemental abilities
- Dark fantasy characters
- Nicktoons characters
- View history
Sam is voiced by Grey DeLisle.
- 1.1.1 Childhood
- 1.1.2 Danny Becomes Danny Phantom
- 1.2.1 Jazz becomes a member
- 1.3 Danny Phantom: A Glitch in Time
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Appearance
- 5 Equipment
- 6.2 Friends
- 6.3 Enemies
- 8 Relationships
- 10 External Links
- 11 Similar Characters
- 12 Navigation
History [ ]
Origins [ ], childhood [ ].
Samantha Manson was born in 1992 to Pamela and Jeremy. She was born into an extremely wealthy family due to her great- grandfather Izzy being a world famous inventor. During the second grade, she came best friends with Tucker Foley and Danny Fenton but kept her while the secret from them because she didn't want people to define her from her parents' wealth. Her parents strongly dislike her friendships with Danny because of his parents' ideals of being ghost hunters.
Danny Becomes Danny Phantom [ ]
At least a month before the series started, Danny took Sam and Tucker down to his parents' basement where their lab was located. Sam convinced Danny to check out his parents' Fenton Portal , despite him trying to insist they leave. However, Danny accidentally turned on the portal by hitting the on switch and received ghost powers, which meant that Sam was responsible for creating his identity at the Superhero Danny Phantom.
Forming Team Phantom [ ]
Later, Danny found that he wanted to use his newly-found ghost powers to helping protect the people of Amity Park from evil ghost threats. Sam joined his team of Ghost Hunters with her and Tucker being the only ones knowing his secret until Jazz figured it out on her own. In the altered timeline from her wish with Desiree, Sam had been the one who designed his "D" logo on his superhero suit.
Jazz becomes a member [ ]
Danny phantom: a glitch in time [ ].
Sam will return in the graphic novel, which will be a direct sequel to Danny Phantom finale, "Phantom Planet."
Personality [ ]
However, Sam can sometimes be hypocritical of other people. Despite some of her claims that she likes self-sense of individuality among people, she still tried to force her own ultra-recyclable vegetarian diet on the whole school in "Mystery Meat." She also got angry at Danny for using his ghost powers to get back at Dash at several times, like "Identity Crisis" and "Reign Storm." In turn, this did not stop her from trying to convince Danny to use his powers to destroy environmental-threatening vehicles She also got angry at Danny for spying on her and Gregor, despite her also doing the same thing when Danny was briefly dating Valerie. However, an excuse would be Sam is just a teenager who also allows her personal feelings get inside, as the only reason she was spying on Val and Danny's dates was because of her feelings for Danny.
Powers and Abilities [ ]
This section of the article lacks information and is in need of a major expansion.
- Paranormal & Mythology Knowledge/Occult Knowledge : She is very knowledgeable when it comes to anything spooky or creepy. She has extensive knowledge of Greek Mythology, because of her affinity with dark stories. She was able to identify Pandora's box with relative ease due to the book she bought at a store. She was able to help Danny fight Pandora's box and Box Ghost.
- Fenton Weaponry Expertise : Sam can use the Fentons' ghost-hunting technology with great expertise and skill. She often uses them to help in battles or in Danny's ghost training. Sam is skilled with the Fenton Weaponry. She, along with Tucker, is often shown using the Fenton Thermos with great aim. Sam has also been shown to be capable of wielding Bazooka's well enough to be able to aim and fire rapidly. Sam is often seen using the Specter Defector on numerous occasions.
- Multilingual Skill : Like Danny, Sam has learned to speak Esperanto, as she was able to talk to Wulf when they saw him again. She also spoke French, Italian, and Japanese, when speaking to her planets in "Urban Jungle." Whether this is a result of her plant-based powers or her own skill is unknown.
- Athleticism: She was able to pass gym with an A and it is shown that she is more physically fit than Danny in his human form, and Tucker Foley.
- Ghost Weapon Efficiency:
Appearance [ ]
- Species: Human
- Gender: Female
- Hair Color: Black
- Ethnicity: Jewish
- Eye Color: Violet
- Sam is a fourteen-year-old girl with short black hair, violet eyes and tan skin. She also has a small ponytail that is suspended into the air by a green hair tie. She has a black, sleeveless croptop on with a purple oval on her chest. She wears a plaid skirt with green stripes, purple leggings, and black combat boots that have a grey bottom and are elevated. Additionally, Sam wears a black choker and two black bracelets on her left and right wrists and wears a plum shade of lipstick.
Additionally, Sam has similar features to her grandmother, looking identical towards her in her youth.
Equipment [ ]
- Fenton Thermos:
Connections [ ]
- Pamela Manson - Mother
- Jeremy Manson - Father
- Misty Fenton - Daughter
- Jackson Fenton - Son
- Ida Manson - Grandmother
Friends [ ]
Enemies [ ], gallery [ ], relationships [ ].
- In the Danny Phantom episode "Life Lessons," when Sam was doing the project involving taking care of a sack of flour with Tucker, she renamed it "Lilith". This shows her interest in having a daughter, which she would end up having in a possible future. However, her name is Misty instead.
External Links [ ]
- Sam Manson on Danny Phantom Wiki
- Sam Manson on Heroes Wiki
- Sam Manson on Love Interest Wiki
- Sam Manson on Nickelodeon Wiki
Similar Characters [ ]
- Raven ( Teen Titans ) : Both girls are gloomy teenagers, both gothic, wear mostly purple and black, have short hair, down to earth and have a dry sense of humors. They both have a strong relationship with the male lead (Robin and Danny).
- Mary Jane Watson : Both are childhood best friends with superheroes who gained powers from a lab accident (Danny and Robin). They both are aware of their lovers' secret identities and get usually jealous if another girl is interested in them. Additionally, the two characters love both sides of the hero. Before then, Gwen and Valerie, are both unaware of their crushes' double lives as Phantom and Spider-Man. They end up marrying their respective love interests and have two children with them in a potential future (Peter and MJ have a daughter, Mayday, and a son, Benjy in one continuity. Meanwhile, Sam and Danny will one day, have a son and a daughter, named Jackson and Misty.)
Navigation [ ]
This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
- 1 Astoria Greengrass
- 2 Mirage (Transformers Reboot Films)
- 3 Gwen Stacy (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)
- Main Content
Archive of Our Own beta
- Forgot password?
- Get an Invitation
- All Fandoms
- Anime & Manga
- Books & Literature
- Cartoons & Comics & Graphic Novels
- Celebrities & Real People
- Music & Bands
- Other Media
- Video Games
- Uncategorized Fandoms
- Wrangling Guidelines
- Donate or Volunteer
Work Search: tip: "uchiha sasuke/uzumaki naruto" angst kudos>10
Want to know how your donations support the OTW and its mission? Check out our newest budget update and donate today ! We surpassed our goal of 4,000 new members, with over 5,569 new members so far!
1 - 20 of 904 Works in Danny Fenton/Sam Manson
Navigation and actions, pages navigation.
- ← Previous
- Next →
Danny phantom - the next chapter by goldentalon97, fandoms: danny phantom .
- Graphic Depictions Of Violence
- Work in Progress
28 Oct 2023
- Danny Fenton/Sam Manson
- Tucker Foley/Valerie Gray
- Mr. Lancer (Danny Phantom)
- Guys in White (Danny Phantom)
- Danny Phantom Characters
- Danny Fenton
- Jazz Fenton
- Maddie Fenton
- Jack Fenton
- Tucker Foley
- Danielle "Dani" Phantom
- Pariah Dark
- Dan Phantom
- Clockwork (Danny Phantom)
- Frostbite (Danny Phantom)
- Valerie Gray
- Fluff and Angst
- Domestic Fluff
- Ghost King Danny Fenton
- Ghost Hunting
- Blood and Violence
- Ghost Zone (Danny Phantom)
- Casper High (Danny Phantom)
- Amity Park (Danny Phantom)
- Younger Sibling Danielle "Dani" Phantom
- Danny Fenton and Danielle "Dani" Phantom are Siblings
- Adopted Danielle "Dani" Phantom
- Fenton Works (Danny Phantom)
- Fenton Works Inventions (Danny Phantom)
- Danny Fenton-centric
- Good Parents Jack and Maddie Fenton
- Jack and Maddie Fenton Know Danny Fenton is Danny Phantom
Updates every Sunday 2pm NZT. Set immediately after the end of the series, Danny's life has become entirely more complicated now that he's revealed his secret identity to the entire world. His friends grow closer but his enemies grow bolder. Not to mention trying to balance his newfound fame with his ghost fighting and school work. He thought he was making the right decision... but he might be having second thoughts.
A King's Court by SugarPhantom
Fandoms: danny phantom , batman - all media types .
- Teen And Up Audiences
- Dick Grayson/Wally West
- Bruce Wayne
- Dick Grayson
- Barbara Gordon
- Vlad Masters
- Jack Fenton (Danny Phantom)
- Mentor Danny Fenton
- Injury Recovery
- Canon-Typical Violence
- Mild Language
- Good Sibling Jason Todd
- Good Sibling Dick Grayson
- Good Parent Bruce Wayne
- he's trying
- Guys in White Organization (Danny Phantom)
- Families of Choice
The Ghost King's Court is gathering. It's time to protect their King in his time of need. Jason plans on helping as only a halfa can. Team Phantom is coming to Gotham to stop the GIW. Now, all they need to do is figure out how to get Vlad to go back home...
- Part 5 of Phantom Mentor
Making it up as you Go. by DragonSlayer16
- Choose Not To Use Archive Warnings
24 Oct 2023
- Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
- Danny Fenton & Tucker Foley & Sam Manson
- Danny Fenton & Jazz Fenton
- Kitty & Ember McLain
- Danny Fenton/Ember McLain
- Danny Fenton & Jack Fenton & Maddie Fenton
- Jack Fenton/Maddie Fenton
- Johnny 13/Kitty (Danny Phantom)
- Danny Fenton & Vlad Masters
- Bertrand/Penelope Spectra
- Danny Fenton/Sam Manson/Ember McLain
- Kitty (Danny Phantom)
- Ember McLain
- Johnny 13 (Danny Phantom)
- Penelope Spectra
- Bertrand (Danny Phantom)
- Tired Danny Fenton
- Canon Rewrite
- honestly everyone is a little tired
- more than a little Canon-Typical Violence
- Danny Fenton is scary
- Amity Park Is Strange (Danny Phantom)
Sometimes life will surprise you. sometimes you'll be met with curveballs, forks in the road, and tragedies. and for the seemingly ordinary 14 year old high-school freshman Danny Fenton, those surprises could even kill you. Or well, half-ass killing you and then dump a whole-truckload of responsibility on your shoulders. But hey, Fake it till you make it, right?
Rockabye by BlackPensils
- General Audiences
- No Archive Warnings Apply
- Complete Work
- Original Fenton Character(s) (Danny Phantom)
- Next Generation
- Comfort No Hurt
- Danny Fenton is Trying His Best
- Mentioned Tucker Foley
- mentioned tucker foley/valerie gray
- Adult Danny Fenton
- Slice of Life
Then the weight of her tiny body lifted from his lap. She rose upwards slowly and started to make a flip backwards as she flew. Her feet nearly kicked him in the chin. Danny immediately grabbed onto her, wrapping one hand around her tiny torso and the other behind her neck as he held her still. Her mouth opened as if she was laughing but no sound left her, and her eyes closed in her joy. She kicked with her arms and her legs, and she hit his hands with tiny fists as if she wanted him to let her go. “Oh no, definitely not,” Danny said with a shake of his head. “You’re supposed to be asleep. Playtime is over.” --- How to put your ghost baby to bed.
- Part 1 of Hereafter
Dance Lessons by AssortedCandy
- Ectober Month 2023
- Ectoberhaunt 2023 (Danny Phantom)
- amethyst ocean
- Ballroom Dancing
- Slow Dancing
Ectoberhaunt Day 20: Danse Macabre Sam tries to teach Danny how to dance.
3rd Period: Ectology 101 by M_Mint
23 Oct 2023
- Danny Fenton & Casper High folks
- Original Male Character(s)
- Dash Baxter
- Star (Danny Phantom)
- Kwan (Danny Phantom)
- Ishiyama (Danny Phantom)
- Cujo (Danny Phantom)
- Skulker (Danny Phantom)
- Nicolai Technus
- Post-Episode: s03e12-13 Phantom Planet
- why deny phantom planet's existence when u can write fics about danny being embarrassed by his peers
- danny is a nerd and everyone knows it
- random ghost powers
- made-up ectology information
- danny could probably get his own ectology degree if he didn't skip so much class
- mr lancer is gay and that's canon
- more tags to be added as I slowly but surely write this in my spare time
Things are beginning to settle back down after the Disasteroid nearly destroyed Earth, and Danny and his class are back for a new semester of school, only there's a new subject being taught and a new teacher who is woefully unprepared for the chaos that surrounds one Danny Phantom or Casper High gets an Ectology teacher who doesn't know that Danny Fenton and Danny Phantom are one in the same, and it just gets worse from there.
Digital Phantom by ZAFT_Convoy
Fandoms: danny phantom , digimon frontier , digimon - all media types .
- Vlad Masters/Maddie Fenton
- Jazz Fenton/Tucker Foley
- Andy Fenton (OC)/Valerie Gray
- Kanbara Takuya/Orimoto Izumi | Zoe Orimoto
- Andy Fenton (Borrowed OC)
- Kanbara Takuya
- Wesley Weston
- Lopmon (Digimon)
- Patamon (Frontier)
- Plotmon | Salamon
- Agnimon | Agunimon (Frontier)
- Ten Warriors | Ten Legendary Warriors
- Paulina Sanchez
- Sidney Poindexter
- Walker (Danny Phantom)
- Orimoto Izumi | Zoe Orimoto
- Kimura Kouichi
- Shibayama Junpei | J.P. Shibayama
- Blitzmon | Beetlemon (Frontier)
- Louwemon | Loweemon (Frontier)
- Wolfmon | Lobomon (Frontier)
- Vritramon | BurningGreymon
- Grottomon | Grumblemon (Frontier)
- Fairimon | Kazemon (Frontier)
- Himi Tomoki | Tommy Himi
- Chackmon | Kumamon (Frontier)
- Brotherly Bonding
- Sibling Bonding
- Digital World
- Ghost Zone Lore
- Digital World lore
- digimon - Freeform
The lives of twins Danny and Andy Fenton are turned upside down when their parents complete the Fenton Ghost Portal and Danny has an accident with it. Andy, pushed away by Danny after said accident, befriends a ghost boy called Phantom, who is quite similar to, yet different from Danny. Danny, after his accident, finds himself with ghostly powers and tries to understand them. Posing as Phantom, a friendly ghost boy, Danny learns about his powers with Andy's help. Takuya Kanbara, the twins' cousin, thought he would be having a normal high school life when he got in on an exchange program with Amity Park's Casper High. However, when a ghost attack leads him to finding an odd figurine, his whole life becomes turned upside down. The lives of the three boys change forever as they try to learn about and control their unique powers while fighting against the daily threat of ghosts, the machinations of the evil Plasmius, and dealing with the daily life of high school.
- Part 1 of Digital Phantom Saga
Ectober Story's by Albrittina_Lover
22 Oct 2023
- Ectober | Ectoberhaunt (Danny Phantom)
Danny Phantom stories every October! Enjoy! Happy Ectober Everyone!
A Goth And The Weeping Ghost by orphan_account
- Tucker Foley & Sam Manson
- Jazz Fenton & Sam Manson
- Jazz Fenton & Tucker Foley
- Pandora (Danny Phantom)
- Youngblood (Danny Phantom)
- Memory Loss
- Memory Alteration
- How Do I Tag
- Implied/Referenced Character Death
- Falling In Love
- Time Travel
- My First Fanfic
- Episode: s02e08-09 The Ultimate Enemy
- Mentioned Dan Phantom
- Full Ghost Danny Fenton
Ever since Danny defeated Dan he found out Sam is cursed to die no matter how many times he convinces Clockwork to turn back time she’s doomed to the same fate. In exchange for her life, Danny had to give up his. When Clockwork summons him informing the halfa he found a way to end Sams's curse he's met with two options that wouldn’t prevent Damage within the time stream. Either Danny and Sam never meet and he loses his ghost powers forever. Or for him to never exist in the new timeline and stay in the zone as a full ghost and rule the as its new king.
Danny & Sam by Princess_Daisy
- Teen Romance
- Best Friends
- Married Life
This is going to be a collection of Danny and Sam one shots. TV show canon compliant Archive warnings could apply to some chapters, which I will warn for at the beginning of those chapters.
Prepare for trouble - and make it double! by Blizzarris (Nachtnebel)
Fandoms: fairly oddparents , the adventures of jimmy neutron: boy genius , danny phantom , spongebob squarepants (cartoon) , nicktoons (video games) .
21 Oct 2023
- Jimmy Neutron/Timmy Turner
- Timmy Turner
- Jimmy Neutron
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Cosmo Cosma
- Wanda Fairywinkle Cosma
- Anti-Cosmo (Fairly OddParents)
- Anti-Wanda (Fairly OddParents)
- Foop (Fairly OddParents)
- Jorgen Von Strangle
- Danny Phantom Clone(s)
- Found Family
- mostly Timmy centric
- Character Study
- Coming of Age
- Identity Issues
- Aged-Up Character(s)
There's a reason Timmy was able to keep his godparents and -brother for so long. Because even now, being older, out of elementary school and without the need of a babysitter, he still attracted trouble like a magnet. Whether it was the consequences of his own doings or just the mishaps of life reminding him he was still, in fact, not understood. And with growing up come more responsibilities and challenges, which he did not sign up for. At least he’s not alone – although he wished he could unite with his friends without causing a chain of unfortunate events for once. After all, he was always his own worst enemy and obstacle.
The Astromancer by ModorDracena
20 Oct 2023
- eventual badger cereal - Relationship
- eventual lost time
- Jazz Fenton/Original Character(s)
- Rogues Gallery - Character
- yes I said dragon au
- Danny is a dragon instead of a ghost
- A+ Parenting
- NaNoWriMo 2022
- Fantasy Speciesism
- Magic system
Canon Rewrite, set in a fantasy world where magic is the norm and Danny's accident has made him half dragon. The curse of being half-dragon is highly inconvenient for our boy, and all he wants is to be a normal teenager. But he has a lot to learn about magic and being a dragon before he can get there.
- Part 1 of Dragon AU
Phantom Phuckery by nanaarchy
- Danny Fenton & Valerie Gray
- Dash Baxter & Kwan & Paulina Sanchez & Star
- Kyle Weston
- Mikey (Danny Phantom)
- Nathan Lester
- Tiffanie (Danny Phantom)
- Background & Cameo Characters
- Ghost Ensemble (Danny Phantom)
- Chatting & Messaging
- A-Listers - Freeform
- Eldritch Danny Fenton
- Danny Fenton Is So Done
- Phantom Planet Who?
- I wrote this in like an hour
- no beta we die like danny
- this was a bad idea
- Danny Fenton Needs A Hug
- Identity Reveal
- Older Characters
- Crack Treated Seriously
100yarddash: how bad could it be batwoman: oh no you jinxed it --- Sorry I didn't read your text earlier. My phone was dead. Well, half-dead. It's a long story. Try and put all of Amity Park's Most Cursed Class in a groupchat. Just try. PLEASE try. See what happens. Only good, normal things, right? right???? Please say right-
Until Dawn Breaks by goodfish_bowl
- Danny Phantom - Character
- Sam Manson's Parents (mentioned)
- Immortal Danny Fenton
- Musical References
- Sam plays the Violin
- Danny is a "ghost"
"La danse macabre" by Camille Saint Saens was written in 1874, and depicts a legend where on Halloween at midnight, Death would play the fiddle, summoning the dead from their graves to dance with him until the rooster crows at dawn. There’s someone playing the violin in the cemetery, and despite the six feet of earth separating Danny from the surface, he can hear them clearly. Ectoberhaunt 2023 Day 20: Danse Macabre
- Part 5 of Ectoberhaunt 2023
Phantom Affections by Reddestiny92
- No Archive Warnings Apply, Rape/Non-Con
- F/F, F/M, M/M
18 Oct 2023
- Danny Fenton/Vlad Masters
- Paulina Sanchez/Star
- Dash Baxter/johnny 13/Kitten kinda
- Danny Fenton/Valerie Gray
- Kinda - Relationship
- Original Ghost Character(s) (Danny Phantom)
- Original Characters
- light description of a abuse
- non-descriptive abuse to younger
- Alpha/Beta/Omega Dynamics
- Rape Recovery
- mention of dark themes
- aged up and deaged
- Alternate Universe
- Adult Themes
- Alternate Canon
- Possible Mpreg
- actual poly
- altered ages
- Older Man/Younger Man
- Older Man/Younger Woman
- Older Woman/Younger Man
- age gap duh
- Domestic Violence
Things are quiet and peaceful; Valerie has a chance to clean up her act and work with Danny and his sisters which keeps the ghosts at bay. Life kind of goes on some grow, some don't because that's just life, but the point is that people really aren't that disturbed, and a few can actually be seen as regular heroes. The problem? Danny is learning how hard it is to be twenty-five but rutting at a forty-year-old level.
Succumb by CrunchyPlastic
- Choose Not To Use Archive Warnings, Graphic Depictions Of Violence
- Gen, F/F, M/M
- Dash Baxter/Danny Fenton
- Non-Traditional Alpha/Beta/Omega Dynamics
- No One Knows AU
- filler characters - Freeform
- Feral Danny Fenton
- Himbo Dash Baxter
- Dash Baxter Redemption
- Bad Parents Jack and Maddie Fenton
- Internalized Homophobia
- Implied/Referenced Homophobia
- Godfather Vlad Masters
- Monsters in Amity Park
- Suicidal Thoughts
Danny's got a secret, and he tries not to let it, but some times it slips out. The claws are too sharp and the teeth are too long. This.. this thing inside him looks out through his eyes and reaches through the bars. It whispers sweet wishes in his sleep, lures his mind into the darkness. He won't give it what it wants... He won't...
The Ethereal Plane by LittleBuzzBuzz
17 Oct 2023
Sam Manson can see spirits, and not just the ghosts that attack Amity Park. The ones nobody else can see. So when she meets Danny Fenton, a boy who is very much alive yet triggers her abilities, she finds herself dedicated to finding out why...
Ghost of the Cards by Hazama_d20
16 Oct 2023
- Slight Danny Fenton/Sam Manson
- Danny Fenton is a Little Shit
- Good Parent Maddie Fenton
Danny knew that Dash and the A-Listers would probably try to find some way to make his life miserable, but he had to admit this was actually kind of funny.
Nicktoons Unite: Endless Friendship by Minakohoney
Fandoms: nicktoons (video games) .
15 Oct 2023
- Danny Fenton & Jimmy Neutron & Spongebob Squarepants & Timmy Turner
- Danny Fenton/Jimmy Neutron
- Goddard (Jimmy Neutron)
- Evil Jimmy (Jimmy Neutron)
- Nega-Timmy (Fairly OddParents)
- DoodleBob (SpongeBob)
- References to Ranma 1/2
- My First Work in This Fandom
When Johanna Neutron, Tara Turner, Danielle "Dannie" Fenton and Maria SquarePants live together in the same house leads to some really fun but very annoying situations for Johanna who adores her friends more than anything. (An alternative universe with Genderbend.)
Running With (From) the Wolves by Starry_Joy
11 Oct 2023
- Past Danny Fenton/Sam Manson - Relationship
- Danny Fenton & Danielle "Dani" Phantom
- Valerie Gray & Star
- Kwan/Star (Danny Phantom)
- Fright Knight (Danny Phantom)
- Not Phantom Planet Compliant (Danny Phantom)
- Betrayed Danny Fenton
- Good Sibling Jazz Fenton
- Supportive Jazz Fenton
- Ghost Cores (Danny Phantom)
- Valerie Gray-centric
- Cross-Posted on FanFiction.Net
- Danielle "Dani" Phantom is Called Ellie
- BAMF Danny Fenton
- Danny Fenton Has PTSD
- Danny Fenton Has Trust Issues
- Danny Fenton Has Panic Attacks
- BAMF Valerie Gray
- Angst with a Happy Ending
- Eventual Romance
- No beta we die like Danny’s dreams
- Additional Warnings In Author's Note
- Author Is Sleep Deprived
- The Author Regrets Nothing
- The Author Regrets Everything
- I Wrote This Instead of Sleeping
- I'm Bad At Titles
- and chapter names
- canon? who’s she?
- i don’t know her
- i knew i was missing a tag
Danny Fenton’s world came crashing down for the second time in his life. Betrayal was the last thing he’d ever imagine when it came to his friends and family. Yet, here he was, caged and bound like some monster. When he finally escapes, he disappears without a trace. Where has he gone? What has he been up to? Will he come back for his revenge? Heavily inspired by “BROKEN PHANTOM” by BloodyKitsune 264 on FF.net Updates every two weeks on Wednesdays
- Part 1 of Broken Phantom
- Teen And Up Audiences (428)
- General Audiences (258)
- Mature (106)
- Not Rated (63)
- Explicit (49)
- No Archive Warnings Apply (414)
- Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings (288)
- Graphic Depictions Of Violence (171)
- Major Character Death (107)
- Rape/Non-Con (25)
- Underage (24)
- Danny Phantom (899)
- Batman - All Media Types (28)
- Miraculous Ladybug (18)
- Fairly OddParents (13)
- Teen Titans (Animated Series) (10)
- Nicktoons (Video Games) (10)
- American Dragon: Jake Long (9)
- Kim Possible (Cartoon) (8)
- Gravity Falls (8)
- Danny Fenton (829)
- Sam Manson (770)
- Tucker Foley (545)
- Jazz Fenton (299)
- Maddie Fenton (242)
- Jack Fenton (Danny Phantom) (231)
- Vlad Masters (213)
- Valerie Gray (178)
- Dash Baxter (127)
- Danielle "Dani" Phantom (124)
- Danny Fenton/Sam Manson (904)
- Danny Fenton & Tucker Foley & Sam Manson (100)
- Jack Fenton/Maddie Fenton (61)
- Danny Fenton & Jazz Fenton (59)
- Danny Fenton/Valerie Gray (37)
- Tucker Foley/Valerie Gray (32)
- Danny Fenton & Sam Manson (32)
- Danny Fenton & Vlad Masters (31)
- Danny Fenton/Vlad Masters (25)
- Danny Fenton/Tucker Foley (24)
- Angst (134)
- Romance (91)
- Hurt/Comfort (76)
- Friendship (59)
- Alternate Universe (51)
- Not Phantom Planet Compliant (Danny Phantom) (48)
- Ghost King Danny Fenton (44)
- Include crossovers
- Exclude crossovers
- Show only crossovers
- Complete works only
- Works in progress only
Top of Work Index
About the Archive
- Diversity Statement
- Terms of Service
- DMCA Policy
- Policy Questions & Abuse Reports
- Technical Support & Feedback
- otwarchive v0.9.351.16
- Known Issues
- GPL by the OTW
Danny Phantom: 20 Things About Sam Only Danny Would Know
Sam is one of Danny Phantom's closest friends. Here are some of the things that make her who she is.
You can’t have Danny Phantom without having Sam Manson, his best friend and eventual girlfriend. Sam is a very popular character in this cartoon series, and it’s for a good reason. She’s awesome!
Sam is a girl who dresses in the goth style, loves animals and protests things, hates conforming to anything popular, and regularly kicks ghost behind. While she may not have any supernatural powers like Danny, you still don’t want to mess with her. She will take you down.
I also like the fact that Sam was pretty unapologetic about the things she liked. She didn’t care if people thought she was weird. She didn’t care if her music and movie tastes were considered weird. And she didn’t care if people thought she was crazy for protesting for animal rights. Sam did what she thought was right and she liked what she liked. And if you didn’t like that about her, you could go jump off a cliff for all she cared. That kind of self-confidence is pretty admirable.
But while Sam appears to not care what people know about her, there are a lot of things she tends to keep to herself. She’s not the most open of people, so it makes sense that she would have quite a few interesting facts and secrets about her that not many of the other characters, or even fans of the show, would know.
So here are 20 interesting facts and secrets about Sam that not many people know. Think we missed some good secrets? Make sure to let us know in the comments section below!
20 She’s A Master Of Tongues
Considering Sam is pretty smart, it’s not that surprising that she knows another language besides English. But did you know that Sam speaks Esperanto, Wulf’s language? Both she and Danny learned it in case they ever met Wulf again. That’s not an easy language to learn, so kudos to them.
Sam also apparently has some knowledge of French, Italian, and Japanese. While we don’t know if she’s fluent in them, she at least knows some of those languages. So, she probably has the most language skills out of the trio. It wouldn’t surprise me if she learned different languages for fun. That, and her parents probably encouraged it.
19 They Were Almost Psychic
It’s no secret that Sam and Danny are very close. They’ve been friends for forever and have gotten to the point where they know each other very well. But did you know that their connection was going to be supernatural?
The creators had the idea that Sam and Danny were going to have a psychic connection that would let them know where the other person was. But this idea got taken out right before the premiere since Danny already had ghost powers and Sam had other attributes and talents. But the two are shown to have a rather special connection throughout the series, so maybe it’s not as far-fetched as you think.
18 She Knows Her Artifacts
It may come with the territory of being a goth, but Sam has quite the knowledge of anything occult in nature. And she’s pretty knowledgeable about dark and evil artifacts. What probably sets her apart though is that she uses this knowledge to help Danny out pretty often.
In fact, without Sam’s knowledge, there are a few ghosts Danny wouldn’t have been able to defeat. It’s thanks to her knowledge of dark artifacts that Danny was able to defeat Fright Knight and The Box Ghost. It just goes to show that knowledge is power, and that you really should know your enemy.
17 Appearances Can Be Deceiving
Despite Sam’s look and interests being very much your stereotypical goth teenager, she doesn’t really act like your typical goth. Most teenagers that are goth usually have a more depressed and apathetic air to them. But Sam is not so much that.
Sam's not that apathetic or depressing.
While yes, Sam can be cynical and sarcastic, she’s also passionate about things like animal rights. She’s definitely not apathetic about the things she cares about, and she’ll go to great lengths to prove her point. She’s also probably the person who believes in Danny the most, and she’s happy that Danny became a hero. It just shows that you can’t judge a book by its cover.
16 She Can Be A Bit Much
Because Sam does care deeply for things like animal rights, human rights, etc., she can get pretty into it. But Sam isn’t perfect, and one of her flaws is that she can be a little hypocritical sometimes. She also tends to force her ideas on other people, expecting them to just go along with her ideas, despite her claims that individuality is important.
As a result, she can annoy Danny and Tucker to no end. But when push comes to shove, Sam is always there for Danny and is willing to do what it takes to protect him and help him. And I think that’s pretty cool.
15 Her Background Is A Bit Different
Most cartoons don’t talk much about religion, and I don’t blame them. Religion can be a touchy subject, so it’s often easier to just avoid the topic all together. And while Danny Phantom doesn’t go into much about religion either, it does make it known that Sam’s family is Jewish.
It was first hinted when Sam’s grandma calls her “bubeleh,” which is a Yiddish term of endearment. And it was then confirmed in the Christmas special. I think having one of the characters coming from some type of religious background is a cool idea. While we don’t know if Sam is a practicing Jew, the fact that she comes from that history is pretty awesome.
14 She Likes Samurais More Than You Think
Sam’s tastes in films are a bit varied. As you’d figure, she does love horror and monster films (her favorite monsters are Femalien, Terminatra, and Nightmerica). But did you know that she also has a thing for samurai movies? She’s a fan in particular of Akira Kurosawa’s samurai films.
Sam does enjoy various forms of Japanese anime and entertainment.
And it’s not just samurai movies; it’s been hinted that Sam does enjoy various forms of Japanese anime and entertainment. So, it looks like Sam may be an otaku. She doesn’t seem to be very open about that, so it may be a guilty pleasure for her. Be proud of what you like, Sam!
13 These Three Are Friends Forever
Since Sam is one of the main characters, it would make sense that she’s in the show a lot. Since Danny, Sam, and Tucker are practically inseparable, you see the three going pretty much everywhere together. But did you know that Sam has been in nearly every episode of Danny Phantom ?
In fact, both Sam and Tucker have been in every episode of the show except for one: “Bitter Reunions.” Since this episode is the one where Danny’s family goes to visit Vlad, it does make sense that Sam and Tucker aren’t in it. That’s still a pretty impressive record. These three are definitely friends for life.
12 She’s Got Great Music Taste
Sam’s music taste is probably what you’d expect from a teen goth. She likes punk, metal, and techno/electronica music. (The techno is a bit of a surprise.) It would make sense that Sam likes the hard rock type of music since that seems to fit her personality pretty well.
But did you know that she’s also into 70s and 80s punk rock? Apparently, she has a whole vinyl record collection of various punk-rock bands from the 70s and 80s. This isn’t too surprising since Sam likes punk rock in general. But that’s still pretty cool that she has vinyl records. Love whatever music you want, girl!
11 Yep, That’s Her House
Looking at Sam and the way she acts, you’d think she came from a fairly average economic background. There’s nothing about her that says she’s anything beyond average, and she certainly doesn’t act like any of the other rich kids in the school. But did you know that Sam’s family is actually loaded?
Sam comes from a seriously wealthy background.
Yep, Sam’s parents are super rich and Sam comes from a seriously wealthy background. And she keeps this a secret from pretty much everybody except Danny and Tucker. Her reasoning is she doesn’t want people to try to pretend to be her friend just because she’s wealthy. I can understand that. You do you, Sam.
10 This Love Was A Long Time Coming
It’s no secret that Sam and Danny have romantic feelings for each other, and I’m sure everyone cheered when they finally got together in the end. But what you may not know is that Sam had a crush on Danny for a long time.
But why didn’t she act on it? It was partially that she was in denial of her feelings, and there was the fact that Danny very obviously had a crush on Paulina. She was also afraid to tell Danny of her feelings. But she’s shown to be jealous of Danny when he gets attention from other girls. So, it’s doubly awesome that these two lovebirds finally get together.
9 Yes, This Actually Happened
Despite the fact that Sam and Danny obviously have feelings for each other, the two have had other romantic interests. Danny crushed on Paulina for forever, and Sam had a thing with the womanizing Elliot. But did you know that Sam and Tucker have kissed?
It wasn’t really a romantic kiss. When Sam and Tucker were assigned to take care of a flour baby, Tucker got way into the role of the “working dad” and then gave Sam a quick kiss goodbye. What’s hilarious is right after, the two are both stunned by what just happened and then they both agree to never speak of it again. Though I’m sure there are fans who ship it.
8 One of These Things Is Not Like The Others
Sam and the words “beauty pageant” feel like they would never go together in a million years, and yet Sam does wind up being in a teen beauty pageant. She did do this out of protest to show how stupid pageant are, and the whole pageant winds up being this trap for a ghost to find his bride, but still.
It is kind of funny that Sam ends up winning in the end.
It is kind of funny that Sam ends up winning in the end, even though she showed that she couldn’t care less about it. (It was an accident, but it’s still pretty funny.) As someone who’s not that fond of beauty pageants, I can understand Sam’s disgust for them.
7 And We’ll Never Be Royals
Throughout the series, Sam has been transformed into a few different things. For example, she got possessed by a plant ghost, and at some point, she turned into a dragon. But did you know that she almost became a ghost princess?
As a result of winning a beauty pageant that was organized by a ghost, Sam gets taken away to the Ghost Zone where she’s meant to become the bride of Prince Aragon. Sam, of course, is not happy about this, and she manages to get out of there with Danny and Tucker’s help. But yeah, Sam almost became ghost royalty. That would’ve been pretty cool if Prince Aragon wasn’t such a jerk.
6 That’s Some Mad Skills
While Sam may not have any supernatural powers like Danny does, she’s still got some tricks up her sleeves. And one of them is her surprisingly vast knowledge of Fenton weaponry. Sam knows how to work most of the Fenton’s crazy weapons and does it with ease.
It does kind of make sense since Sam and Danny have pretty much grown up together. Sam would be around Danny’s family a lot and would be familiar with the Fenton’s equipment. Still, it’s seriously impressive that this goth girl can tote around one of those crazy guns and think nothing of it. You go, girl!
5 A Room Can Say A Lot
We know that Sam is into things like horror movies and punk rock music. But do we know any specific movies or bands that she likes? Well, according to her room, Sam is actually a fan of A Clockwork Orange and Nine Inch Nails.
It’s pretty cool that the show included a reference to some actual movies and bands.
If you look around Sam’s room, you’ll find posters of the movie A Clockwork Orange and the band Nine Inch Nails, as well as the German industrial band Einstürzende Neubauten. It’s not that surprising that Sam would like these types of movies and bands, but it’s pretty cool that the show included a reference to some actual movies and bands. Nicely done!
4 What’s In A Name?
Danny Phantom got popular enough that it got dubbed in a few different languages, including Spanish, and Chinese. It’s in the Chinese version that we get an interesting fact about our favorite goth girl, Sam.
In English, Sam’s name is pretty straightforward. (Though apparently in Hebrew, it means “God Heard,” and in Greek it may mean “flower.”) But in the Chinese Dub, Sam’s name is changed to Xiao Shan. This translates to “little coral.” It’s an interesting choice, since I wouldn’t really associate Sam with anything little; that girl has a pretty big personality. But it’s still pretty cool. No matter what she’s called, she’s still an awesome person!
3 This Girl Is No Grinch
While Sam isn’t as apathetic as most goth teens, she can be pretty gloomy unless she’s talking about something that’s important to her. Her cynical nature makes her a pretty snarky and slightly bitter character. But she isn’t always gloom and doom. And the best time to find her in a good mood is during December.
Apparently, Sam loves the winter holidays. So, in December, she’s the happiest person. It’s kind of funny, considering Danny becomes the guy who’s a grinch about the holidays, so we’ve got a bit of a role reversal going on here. But if you want to see Sam really happy, try to catch her sometime in December.
2 She Made This Happen
The logo on Danny Phantom’s jumpsuit has become pretty iconic. The “D” looks pretty awesome and it’s just so fitting. But did you know that Sam was partially responsible for that? When she went back in time to ensure Danny becomes Danny Phantom, she changes the logo on the outfit from his parent’s weird logo to the logo we know and love.
Danny may not have ever been Danny Phantom without Sam.
And if you think about it, Sam was partially responsible for Danny becoming Danny Phantom. The first time, she was there with Tucker when the accident happens. And when she went back to fix things after a wish went wrong, she recreated the accident to give Danny his ghost powers. So, Danny may not have ever been Danny Phantom without Sam.
1 She’s All About The Animals
It’s no secret that Sam likes all of the animals. She’s a big animal rights activist, and she’s a proud vegetarian. Animals are very important to this goth girl. But are there any specific animals that she loves? Well, the truth is Sam happens to love cats.
Sam herself has said that she is a cat person when she, Danny and tucker are trying to deal with Kujo the ghost dog. Though if I had to deal with a crazy ghost dog that was causing rampant destruction, I’d probably be a cat person too. I could see Sam getting this little black kitten. She would adore it and she’d probably freak her parents out even more.