Call of Duty: Ghosts
- PlayStation 3
- PlayStation Network (PS3)
- Xbox 360 Games Store
- PlayStation 4
The tenth installment of the long-running shooter franchise introduces a brand new storyline, where the United States is under threat from a coalition of South American nations, and must employ a special group of operatives known as "Ghosts" to survive.
Summary short summary describing this game..
Alex Johnson also known as Ajax was a member of the Ghosts in Call of Duty: Ghosts.
Captain Price is a recurring supporting character throughout the Call of Duty games specifically developed by Infinity Ward. Price is known for his seeming invincibility and for his amazing mustache. Occasionally he goes deep undercover.
David "Hesh" Walker Logan's brother, and a supporting protagonist in Call of Duty: Ghosts.
The father of Logan and David, and the CO of their squad, in Call of Duty: Ghosts.
Gabriel Rorke was a former member of the Ghosts and the main antagonist in Call of Duty: Ghosts.
Lt. Simon "Ghost" Riley is the field subordinate of Task Force 141, an elite special forces group tasked with capturing Vladimir Makarov in Modern Warfare 2.
Keegan Russ was a member of the Ghosts as their scout sniper in Call of Duty: Ghosts.
The main protagonist of Call of Duty: Ghosts.
The main antagonist of the video game "Halloween" (based off of the popular 1978 horror film of the same name) who has stalked and murdered dozens of people throughout twelve films, as well as various comics and novels.
Riley is a dog in Call of Duty: Ghosts that belongs to the Walkers and assists them during the campaign.
Thomas Merrick is a member of the Ghosts as a field commander in Call of Duty: Ghosts.
A secondary antagonist in Modern Warfare 2, Vladimir Makarov takes centre-stage in Modern Warfare 3.
Pick a List
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:
Comment and Save
Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.
Thanks, we're checking your submission.
Use your keyboard!
Log in to comment
- Show Spoilers
- Night Vision
- Sticky Header
- Highlight Links
Follow TV Tropes
Characters / Call of Duty: Ghosts
Handling Spoilers for further details.--> A list of characters from the video game Call of Duty: Ghosts
open/close all folders
- Badass Crew / Elites Are More Glamorous : Bound to happen once you're composed of all of the US's special forces..
- Badass Family : Also bound to happen when by 2027, you're halfly composed of the Walker family.
- Cool Mask : Each operative is equipped with a balaclava with its own unique decal.
- Due to the Dead : Each deceased operative is given a proper honorable ritual.
- Expy : Ghosts is meant to be a spiritual successor to Modern Warfare after all, so the Ghosts are quite clearly inspired by Task Force 141.
- Informed Ability : They're supposed to be so unbelievably and unseeably skilled in elite espionage and guerilla warfare, but they're no quieter than typical manly action heroes, aside from a few unimpressive stealth missions that any special forces group could pull off.
- Bash Brothers / Sibling Team : With Hesh.
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil / Brainwashed and Crazy : The game ends with Rorke attempting to invoke this on him, just as it was on Rorke.
- Butt-Monkey / Trauma Conga Line : Ghosts is pretty much just one entire middle finger to Logan. So, the game starts off with him getting viciously thrown around by Kill Sat blasts that completely demolishes his entire hometown and probably kills all of his friends, all at age 16. So then, a decade later after becoming a Ghost, he falls out of a plane and plummets into an enemy-swarmed jungle all alone, and escapes by flinging himself off a waterfall, then he's shot in the stomach at point blank range (never gets any medical treatment for that by the way) and is then is forced to shoot his father several times in the chest by Rorke before watching him get his brains blown out right before his eyes. So then Hesh and Logan go on a revenge-mission where Logan gets his ass brutally handed to him by Rorke, then the train they're on gets bombed and they're sent to the bottom of the ocean, where Logan is further beaten by Rorke and the two brothers just barely save themselves from drowning. So after finally killing the man who killed their dad, it turns out that Rorke is still alive, who promptly boots the recovering-from-nearly-drowning-after-a-train-crash Logan in the face, completely shatters his arm , and drags him away from Hesh where he's then taken to the Amazon to be tortured in a hole for months until his mind is completely shattered and he's brainwashed into callously killing the Ghosts, his only friends and his own brother. Jesus . Christ .
- Blind Obedience : Elias said that one time, when he was bringing Hesh and Logan into the woods, he looked back to see only two sets of footprints, instead of three. Logan is such a blind follower of his brother that he literally fills in his footsteps behind him .
- Cool Mask : Got it from his father.
- Doomed Hometown : San Diego.
- Featureless Protagonist : Fairly standard for an Infinity Ward Call of Duty main character. He has no personality, voice, or face, and the only thing known about his appearance is that he has blonde hair.
- Heroic Mime : As a staple of Call of Duty protagonists (with the exception of recent Treyarch games), he has no dialogue.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners : With Hesh.
- Hollywood Healing : Towards the end of the game, he's shot by Rorke during an extended torture sequence. Once he manages to escape, he's somehow back in full fighting condition.
- Like Father, Like Son : Joins the military and eventually becomes a Ghost, just like his brother and father.
- Made of Iron : Thrown around by Kill Sat blasts at age 16, stabbed in the stomach, shot in the stomach, falls out of an airplane and gets mangled by the trees on the way down, flung down a waterfall, beaten to the brink of death countless times, gets his arm broken, it's all not even worth a gasp or grunt of pain to Logan.
- Major Injury Underreaction : Doesn't even yelp when he's shot in the stomach, stabbed in the stomach, or gets his arm broken.
- You Killed My Father : When Rorke kills Elias towards the end of the game, he and Hesh seek vengeance against him.
- Bash Brothers / Sibling Team : With Logan.
- The Beastmaster : Is Riley's K9 handler, and uses him in combat and for infiltration.
- Big Brother Instinct : To Logan.
- Dull Surprise : How would one describe his voice acting? The answer: Using no words or terms that are associated with good quality or positive emotions.
- First-Person Peripheral Narrator : He's the narrator of the game, even though Logan is the actual main character. Largely because Logan never speaks.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners : With Logan.
- Jumped at the Call : He and Logan spent their youths hearing tales about the Ghosts from their dad. When they actually run into Ghosts while serving as regular infantry, Hesh immediately becomes determined to become one of them.
- Only Known by Their Nickname : At no point is he ever referred to by his real name, as he's always referred to as "Hesh".
- Taking You with Me : Knowing that there's a good chance he and Logan won't be able to beat Rorke, Hesh arranges for the Ghosts to drop a kinetic strike missile on top of all of them if they lose against him. It still doesn't work.
- You Killed My Father : When Rorke kills Elias towards the end of the game, he and Logan seek vengeance against him.
The tritagonist, and Logan's and Hesh's father. He is also "Scarecrow", the leader of the Ghosts. He serves as the player's primary commanding officer for most of the game.
- Heroic Mime : He never says a word when you play as him in "Legends Never Die", which is very jarring considering how talkative he is in the rest of the game.
- Mentor Occupational Hazard : Gets killed by Rorke in "Sin City". In front of his sons no less!
- Trailers Always Spoil : The fact that Elias is actually the leader of the Ghosts is pretty clearly implicated by the trailers for the game.
- You Are in Command Now : Became the leader of the Ghosts after Rorke was presumed KIA in Venezuela.
- Younger Than They Look : Only 51 at the start of the game, but looks a good 10-15 years older than that. Possibly justified by the stresses of the job.
- Breakout Character : The most iconic character of Ghosts and this was heavily encouraged by the marketing itself. Riley can be found as an Xbox Live avatar accessory, attacks an enemy player as a "pet" with the "Top Dog" finishing move from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) (and follows the player in the lobby), appears in the Call of Duty: Mobile comics and makes a cameo in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II where he can be found leading Santa's sleigh on Shipmas (Holiday Shipment).
- Death by Newbery Medal : Subverted. He gets shot late in the game, but survives and is evacuated by Logan.
- Gameplay Ally Immortality : While this is standard in Call of Duty , it's particularly noticeable for Riley since his only method of attack is to charge straight at angry men with assault rifles and tackle them.
- Heroic Dog / Non-Human Sidekick
- Mythology Gag : Named after Simon "Ghost" Riley from Modern Warfare 2 .
- What Happened to the Mouse? : After getting injured in "Sin City", Riley is seen once being sent off with Merrick and is never heard from again.
The second-in-command of the Ghosts, and one of the primary NPC's.
- Blood Knight : In an interview, he dismisses the traditional answers to the question "why do you fight for your country?" and remarks that he does it simply because he's good at it and likes to win.
- Child Prodigy : Was the youngest person to ever complete Navy SEAL training... at 17 years old .
- Jerkass : Knew a man who was murdered by a child soldier and finds it pretty amusing.
- Jerkass Has a Point : In "Severed Ties", Hesh and Logan disobey Merrick's orders and immediately chase after Rorke, which ends in failure and Logan being captured.
- The Lancer : Second-in-command of the Ghosts, first to Rorke , then to Elias Walker .
- You Are in Command Now : Following the death of Elias Walker at the hands of Rorke, he becomes the new leader of the Ghosts.
- Mauve Shirt : He doesn't talk much, has no definitive personality traits (other than the fact he doesn't talk much), is only seen without his mask on once in the entire game, and plays no real major role in the story. At the same time, he's in your squad for a pretty decent amount of the game. He seems to play a similar role as Crosby in Black Ops 2 .
- First-Name Basis : Only goes by Keegan to the rest of the Ghosts.
- Night-Vision Goggles : Sometimes wears a bizarre but awesome looking pair of GPNVGs.
- The Quiet One : While he does talk during missions, he does so relatively rarely. Rorke even refers to him as "our quiet friend".
- Semper Fi : He was a United States Marine Corps Scout Sniper before he was a ghost.
- What Happened to the Mouse? : Keegan is never seen or heard from after the mission "Sin City", given he was ordered to meet the Secretary of Defense before said mission.
Sergeant Alex V. "Ajax" Johnson Voiced by: note Other Languages : Yasushi Miyabayashi (Japanese)
- Black Dude Dies First : Died from knife wounds inflicted by Federation troops.
- Dude in Distress : By the time the game starts, the Ghosts were actively looking for him in the abandoned streets of San Diego.
- Semper Fi : Was in Force Recon before he got recruited to the Ghosts.
- Always Chaotic Evil / Sociopathic Soldier : All of their Faceless Mooks are pretty much soulless monsters.
- Bolivarians with BMPs : Most of the army is composed of Venezuelans and Caracas is the capital of the Federation.
- Cold-Blooded Torture : They pride themselves on their Amazonian tribal roots, and utilize unimaginably brutal torture methods to brainwash Rorke and Logan into serving them.
- Decapitated Army : Inverted . After their commander, Diego Almagro, is assassinated in 2015, they become even more powerful and unstoppable .
- The Empire : Almost all of South America's governments and militarities combined into one genocidal superpower.
- A powerful and mindlessly villainous foreign superpower that wants to take over the world, just like the Ultranationalists from Modern Warfare .
- They're also a massive empire led by a Fallen Hero who utilize catastrophic space-stations, just like the Galactic Empire from Star Wars .
- Final Solution : They hate the United States, needless to say. In 2015, they tried a traditional Holocaust against all US-born individuals they could get their hands on. After that didn't work? They hijacked the US's Kill Sat and bombed the US with it, killing 27 million people and permanently crippling their military, economy, and society.
- From Nobody to Nightmare : They simply started as an alliance between Venezuela, Chile and Brazil after the collapse of the Middle East, but after intimidating or conquering the rest of South America, they became this.
- A Nazi by Any Other Name : They are highly nationalistic, militaristic and expansionist and have a genocidal hatred for everything North American.
- Space Marine : Has their own little strike-force to overthrow ODIN.
- Take Over the World : Their ultimate goal is clearly along the lines of this.
- The Ace : By far the best fighter out of all the series' villains. He might not have the raw power of Raul Menendez, but his special forces training makes him an extremely dangerous combatant who effectively counters your quicktime event attacks on multiple occasions. He's also the only Call of Duty villain to survive a fight against a COD protagonist.
- The Bad Guy Wins : The Ghosts thwart his plan to take over America, but he survives his confrontation with Logan and Hesh and even captures Logan in hopes of turning him into another Manchurian Agent like him.
- Blood Knight : Elias indicates Rorke was something of a fanatic even before his Face�Heel Turn .
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil : Well, he was apparently already a Blood Knight even before being tortured. The torture just switched the targets of his ire.
- Broken Pedestal : It's clear Elias used to look up to him. Now he's just another terrorist bastard as far as Elias is concerned.
- Chekhov's Gunman : He's the soldier seen prominently featured in the prologue narration about the formation of the Ghosts.
- Determinator : Rorke's single-minded obsession with killing General Almagro is the reason why he got captured by the Federation. After being turned by them he displays the same obsessiveness when it comes to hunting down the Ghosts.
- The Dreaded : His article quote neatly sums it up. At the end of the game, when Hesh and Logan go to face him, they actually make plans to have the Ghosts blow up the train they're on, because they know there's a good chance they're going to lose against him , a chance which turns out to become reality.
- Expy : Of Staff Sergeant Bob Barnes from Platoon .
- Face�Heel Turn : After Elias dropped him in Caracas to be captured by the Federation and brainwashed.
- Fallen Hero : He went from being the most feared Ghost to the most feared Ghosthunter. And by the end of the game, he plans to do the same thing to Logan.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars : While he was still part of the Ghosts, his face was free of scars. When he returns 12 years later, his face has several of them, presumably coming from his brainwashing.
- Guttural Growler : It adds to him sounding evil.
- The Heavy : He is not the leader of the Federation, but he is the most prominent enemy faced throughout the game.
- Hero Killer : He's known as "the Ghost Killer" for a reason.
- Ink-Suit Actor : Kevin Gage without the beard and moustache.
- Invincible Villain : Even more so than Makarov from the Modern Warfare games, Rorke is always two steps ahead of the heroes and he always escapes situations where his death seems certain. At the end of the game he even survives a train wreck, getting shot by a .44 magnum revolver , and sinking into the ocean, and he's still healthy enough to subdue Logan and drag him off as a prisoner.
- It's All About Me : He gives his motivation for turning as being betrayed by the Ghosts and "abandoned." This despite the fact that if Elias hadn't let go of him all four of the Ghosts would have died, and that they searched for his body for months.
- Karma Houdini : He survives the game and pretty much gets away with all of his crimes.
- Made of Iron : In the game's final mission not only does he get shot by a .44 Magnum and sink to the bottom of the ocean, but a few minutes later he shows up not just alive, but only slightly wounded.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast : Angels and demons.
- Not Quite Dead : He was presumed dead in Caracas, but he survived and was captured and brainwashed by the Federation. He pulls it off again at the end, surviving a Kill Sat , a .44 magnum to the chest, and nearly drowning.
- One-Man Army : Imagine if John Rambo turned to the dark side and you've got a pretty good description of Rorke.
- Plot Armor : How else can you justify his survival at the end of the game?
- Tragic Villain : Gabriel was captured by the Federation after Elias was forced to let him fall into the water to save the other Ghosts. This led him to being tortured and brainwashed through brutal methods, causing him to lose his mind and become their field commander.
- Villain Respect : To Logan. In The Stinger , after somehow surviving the Ghosts' final attempt to kill him, he admits that Logan would have made a brilliant member of the Ghosts, and decides to kidnap and brainwash him into instead wiping them out together.
- Villainous Breakdown : He has one at the end of the game when Hesh calls down the rod strike on the train he's aboard. Too bad it doesn�t work.
- Authority Equals Asskicking : Downplayed, but during the extremely brief confrontation against him he manages to evade gunfire from Walker and Merrick, disarm Walker, and even manage to throw Rorke off himself before Walker finally gets his gun back and shoots him.
- Final Solution : The whole reason he was an assassination target in the first place was because he tried waging a Holocaust against all US-born people in South America.
- Named After Somebody Famous : Implied to be the case, given that it's unlikely to be a coincidence that he emerged from a Hispanic nationalist background and has the name of an important historical conquistador of Perú .
- Posthumous Character : He was killed 12 years prior to the game's events, and only shows up in a flashback.
- Predecessor Villain : He was the leader of the Federation until 12 years ago, when Elias killed him.
Victor H. Ramos
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist : Official information mentions that he reverse-engineered any high tech innovation he can find. He was also responsible for researching kinetic energy as an offensive weapon in space. This forced the American military to create the ODIN station in response.
- Small Role, Big Impact : His R&D experience in the Federation military made them a threat to American national security, especially with seizing control of ODIN and the creation of LOKI.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness : At the end of "Federation Day", he's killed by falling debris when Rorke detonates multiple explosives in a skyscraper in downtown Caracas.
- Space Marine : Not the most traditional example, but one of the most realistic examples, as they are simply astronauts who are armed like soldiers just in case a hostile force like the Federation tries to overthrow ODIN.
- Action Girl : One of the very few female combatic non-playable characters in Call of Duty , even more amplified since she nearly qualifies as a Space Marine .
- Dying Moment of Awesome / Heroic Sacrifice : Along with Baker, she sacrifices her life to scuttle the ODIN station and prevent any more American cities from being destroyed by rod strikes.
- The Smurfette Principle : She is the only female character of any import in the game.
- A Space Marine Is You
- Cruel and Unusual Death : Being burned up in the Earth's atmosphere.
- Dying Moment of Awesome / Heroic Sacrifice
- Heroic Mime
- And Now for Someone Completely Different : His first and only appearance as a playable character is in the penultimate mission.
- Cruel and Unusual Death : Averted, being one of the few astronauts in COD to do so. He survives the entirety of the level he's featured in and actually helps your other player character (Logan) indirectly.
- Heroic Mime : As usual.
- Call of Duty: Zombies
- Characters/Call of Duty
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Action Adventure
- Crime & Punishment
- Professional Wrestling
- Speculative Fiction
- Sports Story
- Animation (Western)
- Music And Sound Effects
- Print Media
- Sequential Art
- Tabletop Games
- Applied Phlebotinum
- Characters As Device
- Narrative Devices
- British Telly
- The Contributors
- Creator Speak
- Derivative Works
- Laws And Formulas
- Show Business
- Split Personality
- Truth And Lies
- Truth In Television
- Fate And Prophecy
- Edit Reasons
- Isolated Pages
- Images List
- Recent Videos
- Crowner Activity
- Un-typed Pages
- Recent Page Type Changes
- Trope Entry
- Character Sheet
- Playing With
- Creating New Redirects
- Cross Wicking
- Tips for Editing
- Text Formatting Rules
- Handling Spoilers
- Trope Repair Shop
- Image Pickin'
Call of Duty
WE ARE ALL WE'VE GOT. This new chapter in the Call of Duty® franchise features a fresh dynamic, where players are on the side of a crippled nation, fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply to survive. Special Operations forces, a mysterious group known only as "Ghosts", lead the battle against a newly-emerged, technologically-superior, global power.
In Call of Duty®: Ghosts multiplayer, customize your soldier and squad for the first time. Level environments are more realistic and immersive than ever before.
CREATE-A-SOLDIER. In Call of Duty®: Ghosts you don't just create a class, you create a soldier. Choose the head, body type, head-gear and equipment, and you can even create a female soldier for the first time. With over 20,000 possible combinations, you can create the soldier you've always wanted. And each soldier you create will also have his or her own load outs.
KILL STREAKS, ADVANCED WEAPONRY & PERKS
There are over 20 NEW Kill Streaks in Call of Duty®: Ghosts — such as Juggernaut Maniac, Helo-Scout, Vulture and the ODIN Strike. You can even bring in Riley, from the single-player campaign, as your guard dog to warn you and attack when enemies are near. Scorestreaks are back, and can now be customized – to alter performance attributes or increase the power of a particular streak. The new Perks System has a value from 1 to 5, and you have 8 points to allocate. You could also choose to get rid of your secondary weapon and get up to 11 perks.
Squads introduces a whole new level of competition to Call of Duty. We've taken the best parts of the Multiplayer experience and combined that with a vastly improved AI and our new mechanic of creating your own squad-mates. All the hard work you've put into customizing, playing, and prestiging your squad can now be put to use on a brand new playing field.
NEW ENGINE. From maps and modes, to animation and audio, to who you are as a player — this is the biggest overhaul of multiplayer since the original Modern Warfare®. Things like Sub-D, Displacement Mapping, Real-Time Lighting, and Dual-Rendering tech gives us the ability to build the most visceral gameplay experience we've ever created.
Call of Duty®: Ghosts has redefined how you move through the world.
· A new contextual lean system now allows you to lean around obstacles without adding button combinations.
· A new mantling system allows you to move fluidly over objects, while not losing momentum.
· The knee slide allows you to naturally transition from sprinting to crouch to prone.
DYNAMIC MAP EVENTS
We're immersing players in the multi-player maps in ways similar to what we've done cinematically in single-player, while adding new ways to play and interact with the environments in a meaningful way. New interactive elements and player triggered events make the maps evolve as the match goes on. From player-triggered traps to map-changing killstreaks, the entire landscape can shift and require new tactics and strategies.
OUTNUMBERED, OUTGUNNED, BUT NOT OUTMATCHED. This new chapter in the Call of Duty® franchise features a fresh dynamic, where players are on the side of a crippled nation, fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply to survive. Special Operations forces, a mysterious group known only as "Ghosts", lead the battle against a newly-emerged, technologically-superior, global power.
An independent, covert, and ultra-elite Special Forces unit, GHOSTS operates outside of the normal military chain of command. Formed from the remnants of Tier one operatives, who were nearly wiped out during Operation Sand Viper in the Middle East, in 2005. The fifteen survivors, including Captain Gabriel Rorke and Lt. Elias Walker, were formed into a new unit known as “The Ghosts.”
The resource-rich promise of South America has been fulfilled under the Federation. Fully consolidated energy production combined with a rich factory infrastructure arising from First World outsourcing, the Federation is operating and enjoying a period of growth similar to the late 20th Century Middle East.
The United States ushered in a new era of space-based warfare with the launch of the O.D.I.N. (Orbital Defense Initiative) space station. The ODIN station was armed with a battery of sophisticated kinetic projectile launchers. The ODIN’s weapon systems were designed to drop tungsten rods from orbit with pin-point precision. One rod hit was equivalent to the detonation of a small tactical nuclear warhead.
NO MAN'S LAND
"No Man's Land" (NML) is the slang term for a 60-mile wide strip of suburban desolation that runs East-West across Southern California, starting between San Diego and Los Angeles. NML stretches from the Orange County coastline out into the Mojave Desert to Las Vegas, and beyond…NML was ground zero for the ODIN orbital strikes when the Federation saboteurs used it against the US. The Odin kinetic bombardment left massive craters and rendered it tectonically unstable.
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Hesh and Logan Walker trained their entire lives under the watchful and demanding eye of their battle hardened father, Elias Walker. Their innate abilities as marksman and hunters gave them a particular advantage growing up. Their father had hoped that these traits would help both of his sons maintain their self-reliance should things get rough. Ten years after the Odin event, Lt. they serve together on a recon team based out of Fort Santa Monica, tasked with defending and patrolling the California front. Both were grounded by Elias’ subtle training – core to which is that Hesh and his younger brother Logan must always look out for each other.
Warfare is no longer limited to the trenches. Fights take place underwater, in outer space and even on jagged rock faces. Diverse missions and battlefields have you rappelling down buildings, floating in zero gravity and taking aim inside a helicopter. The diversity of gameplay keeps the action epic and redefines what it means to be a soldier in the field.
Extinction is a completely new 4-player, co-op game mode featuring a unique blend of fast-paced survival gameplay, base defense, player customization and class leveling rounding out this robust new Call of Duty: Ghosts game mode. Teamwork is critical. Your team faces an inhuman menace that has overrun an isolated Colorado town and you must eliminate the threat via any means necessary.
At the start of the game, each member of the team chooses from one of several custom character classes - medic, engineer, tank, and weapon specialist. As the team battles through the streets of Caldera Peak, players earn currency that can be used to purchase a variety of upgrades and character abilities. The team can scavenge for special equipment and weapon mods left behind by previous, unsuccessful, military forces.
Extinction’s fast-paced survival combat features a series of intense base-defense scenarios, where your overall objective is to destroy the alien threat with the help of a nuclear device. Team members must work together to hold off waves of alien attackers until each alien “hive” can be neutralized. No two games are the same as the moment-to-moment upgrade decisions can dictate the strategies of the team.
Extinction features a variety of new “alien” enemies, from wall crawling Scouts, ferocious Hunters, devious exploding Seekers, leaping and spitting Scorpions, and massive armored Rhinos that can decimate an unprepared squad in a matter of seconds.
HINTS AND TIPS FOR SUCCESS
Players can equip up to four found attachments on their weapons, find flares, trophy systems, special ammo, and even a "Hypno-Knife" that can brainwash enemy creatures, transforming them into savage allies for a limited time. Extinction’s new Combat Spend system also offers access to a wide range of offensive, defensive, and support equipment bonuses that can turn the tide of a desperate battle.
EXTINCTION EPISODE 1: NIGHTFALL
Anchoring this first content pack is Episode 1: Nightfall, the first installment in Extinction's four-part episodic narrative. At a remote facility in the Alaskan wilderness, the shadowy Nightfall Program has been researching the origins of the "Alien" threat. When the scientists lose control, a small team of elite soldiers must retrieve the intel and exterminate hordes of savage creatures.
SEASON PASS. Get ready for a full season of amazing content with the Call of Duty®: Ghosts Season Pass. With the Season Pass you’ll get 4 epic downloadable content packs: ONSLAUGHT, DEVASTATION, INVASION, AND NEMESIS – providing brand new multiplayer maps, bonus weapons, and a unique 4-part episodic Extinction experience for one great low price.
EXTINCTION EPISODE 2: MAYDAY
In Episode 2: Mayday, the Quick Reaction Force team is sent in to investigate a high-tech ghost ship adrift in the South Pacific. To deal with the insidious wall-crawling “Seeder” and skyscraper-sized monstrosity known as the “Kraken,” your team will need new tactics and new weapons.
Onslaught offers a colossal amount of new content and carnage, including: four unique multiplayer maps, an all-new dual purpose assault rifle and sniper rifle. This is the first installment in Extinction’s four-part episodic narrative. Depending on tactical needs, players can choose arsenal options with the Maverick, a deadly new, dual-purpose Assault Rifle and Sniper Rifle.
DLC1: FOUR RUN-AND-GUN MAPS
FOG : Drops you into a dark and eerie campsite, alongside a fog-shrouded lake, where you fight through twisting caves and seemingly abandoned structures. BAY VIEW, USA : Set on a coastal Californian boardwalk, this run-and-gun map includes a quaint trolley bus and moving platform. CONTAINMENT, MEXICO: This battle along a dry riverbed in a war-torn Mexican village features a bridge with a truck containing leaking, radioactive material. IGNITION, FLORIDA, USA: Drops players into an aging space launch facility with rockets crash-landing into the area of operations near debris fields and exposed fuselages.
Prepare yourself for DEVASTATION, the second DLC pack for the CALL OF DUTY®: GHOSTS, featuring: four unique multiplayer maps, an all-new tactical 2-IN-1 sub machine gun and assault rifle, and episode 2: MAYDAY – THE NEXT INSTALLMENT in EXTINCTION’s four-part episodic narrative. The Ripper is the ideal weapon companion, providing two different configurations: medium to short-range capability as a Sub Machine-Gun (SMG), and medium to long-range as an Assault Rifle (AR).
DLC2: FOUR MULTI-LEVEL MAPS
BEHEMOTH, COLUMBIA : Situated on a massive excavation vehicle, this narrow multi-level map, gives players flanking opportunities with danger around every corner. RUINS, MEXICO: A mountaintop Mayan ruin overrun by the jungle, this map blends the verticality of a dominant temple with tight subterranean sections. UNEARTHED, CLASSIFIED: Drops players in the heart of an alien dig site, where players navigate through a mix of high-tech HAZMAT facilities. COLLISION, NEW YORK: The mangled remains of cargo ship crashed into a New York bridge, ripe with burnt out vehicles, this map provides the ideal theatre for close-quarters combat.
Get ready for invasion, the third DLC pack for CALL OF DUTY®: GHOSTS, featuring: four unique multiplayer maps, and EPISODE 3: AWAKENING – the next installment in EXTINCTION’s four-part episodic narrative. In Episode 3: Awakening, the CIF Team descends into the perilous depths of an alien underworld. Armed with a range of new hi-tech weapons and equipment, our heroes must penetrate a series of defensive barriers.
DLC3: FOUR DYNAMIC MAPS
DEPARTED, MEXICO : Set in a rural Mexican town amidst the Dia de los Muertos (the Day of the Dead) celebration, this medium-sized map features a classic three-lane design. PHAROAH, EGYPT: The abandoned archeological site of an ancient Egyptian palace, this complex multi-level map includes flesh-eating scarabs. MUTINY, CARIBBEAN: secretive cove on a remote Caribbean island, harbors an eerie moored pirate ship hideout. FAVELA, BRAZIL: Players traverse from one building to the other, using ramshackle scaffolding to create multiple pathways between structures.
Welcome to CALL OF DUTY®: GHOSTS NEMESIS , the final DLC Pack. The pack contains 4 multiplayer maps, and EXODUS , the conclusion to the EXTINCTION 4-part episodic saga. In EPISODE 4 : EXODUS , your CIF Unit has flown in to help fight off the Cryptid army laying siege to the last bastion of human resistance.
DLC4: FOUR RIGOROUS MAPS
GOLDRUSH, USA: An abandoned gold mine’s intricate network of narrow tunnels and perilous shafts create the ideal setting to battle for control of the central elevating platform. SUBZERO, CANADA: A Canadian submarine base has inexplicably been evacuated, with the control room and research facilities left eerily empty. DYNASTY, CHINA: Drops you in a Chinese lakeside village surrounded by picturesque mountains with various elevation levels. SHOWTIME, CLASSIFIED: The fan favorite map from Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare®“Shipment” has been re-imagined as a futuristic death arena.
View Server Status
BUY NOW. Get it on disc or digital download.
The franchise that has defined a generation of gaming is set to raise the bar once again with the all-new Call of Duty®: Ghosts. Published by Activision and developed by Infinity Ward, the studio that created the original Call of Duty and the critically-acclaimed Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® series, Call of Duty: Ghosts ushers in the next generation of the franchise, delivering a riveting all-new gameplay experience built on an entirely new story, setting and cast, all powered by a new next-generation Call of Duty engine.^
Call of Duty®: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition deploys with an assortment of exclusive digital content designed to customize your multiplayer experience; Paracord Strap, COLLECTIBLE STEELBOOK™, CALL OF DUTY®: GHOSTS SEASON PASS, Player Card, Player Patch, Player Background, Official CALL OF DUTY®: GHOSTS Soundtrack.
Digital Hardened Edition deploys with an assortment of exclusive digital content designed to customize your multiplayer experience.
The Call of Duty®: Ghosts Prestige Edition is the ultimate Collector’s Edition. It comes loaded with a high-value cache of collectible physical items, including a 1080p HD Tactical Camera and bonus digital content inspired by the legendary masked Special Operations unit.
Call of Duty®: Ghosts Season Pass: Get four epic DLC Map Packs*, each delivering a collection of fresh Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer content and more. Plus, you’ll receive the Team Leader digital content pack, a Season Pass-bonus that includes a unique MP character head, weapon camo, reticle, player patch, player card and player background.
Welcome to Onslaught, the first downloable content pack for Call of Duty®: Ghosts, featuring four unique Multiplayer Maps, an all-new dual purpose Assault Rifle/Sniper Rifle, and the first installment in Extinction's four-part episodic narrative.
Welcome to Devastation, the second downloadable content pack for Call of Duty ® : Ghosts, featuring four unique Multiplayer Maps, AN ALL-NEW TACTICAL 2-IN-1 SUB MACHINE GUN AND ASSAULT RIFLE, and the second installment in Extinction's four-part episodic narrative.
Get ready for Invasion, the third DLC pack for Call of Duty® Ghosts featuring: four unique Multiplayer maps, and Episode 3: Awakening - the next installment in Extinction's four-part episodic narrative.
Welcome to Call of Duty®: Ghosts Nemesis, the final DLC pack. The pack contains 4 multiplayer maps and Exodus, the conclusion to the Extinction 4-part episodic saga.
- Cast & crew
- User reviews
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Ten years after a terrible attack that wipes out part of the population, two brothers must rebel against a federation controlled by a psychotic soldier who once was part of the rebellion cal... Read all Ten years after a terrible attack that wipes out part of the population, two brothers must rebel against a federation controlled by a psychotic soldier who once was part of the rebellion called "The Ghosts". Ten years after a terrible attack that wipes out part of the population, two brothers must rebel against a federation controlled by a psychotic soldier who once was part of the rebellion called "The Ghosts".
- Jake Rowell
- Sylvain Doreau
- Brian Bloom
- Adam Foshko
- Stephen Gaghan
- Brandon Routh
- Jeffrey Pierce
- 38 User reviews
- 7 Critic reviews
- See more at IMDbPro
- 2 wins & 3 nominations
- David 'Hesh' Walker
- Keegan P. Russ
- Thomas A. Merrick
- Gabriel Rorke
- Elias T. Walker
- Additional Voices
- (as Alex Mendoza)
- (as John Bentley)
- (as Jonathan Root)
- All cast & crew
- Production, box office & more at IMDbPro
More like this
Did you know
- Trivia Most of the characters and weapons in the game are named after other characters and weapons from Modern Warfare 2. The Ghosts are named after Modern Warfare 2 character Ghost and even have masks made after the mask Ghost wears. Riley the German shepherd is named after Ghost's real name (Simon Riley), and the honey badger assault rifle is named after an assault vehicle.
- Goofs During the "Clockwork" level, Merrick's Spanish has a thick U.S. accent to the point that it would not fool a native speaker.
Elias T. Walker : [In the introduction of "The Hunted"] There are ancient tribes, deep in the Amazon, who have perfected the art of torture over hundreds of years. The Federation embraced this heritage, enhancing it with more sophisticated methods. They kept Rorke in a hole for months... feeding him foods mixed with the poisons of exotic plants. As they broke down his body, they went to work on his mind. When his mind broke, they went to work on his soul. They rebuilt what was left, twisting him to their purposes. The process was excruciating and exacting. Rorke was their Ghost now. The perfect weapon to use against us.
- Crazy credits Two extra scenes occur, one during and one after the credits.
- Connections Featured in Outside Xbox: Call of Duty: Ghosts - 7 Things We Don't Want (2013)
- Soundtracks Survival Performed by Eminem
User reviews 38
- Nov 12, 2013
- November 14, 2013 (Japan)
- United States
- Official website
- Infinity Ward
- Neversoft Entertainment
- PCB Productions
- See more company credits at IMDbPro
Related news, contribute to this page.
- IMDb Answers: Help fill gaps in our data
- Learn more about contributing
More to explore
Sign in to add this item to your wishlist, follow it, or mark it as ignored
Sign in to see reasons why you may or may not like this based on your games, friends, and curators you follow.
About This Game
- Ten years after a devastating mass event, America’s borders and the balance of global power have changed forever. As what's left of the nation's Special Operations forces, a mysterious group known only as "Ghosts" leads the fight back against a newly emerged, technologically-superior global power.
- A New Call of Duty Universe: For the first time in franchise history, players will take on the underdog role with Call of Duty: Ghosts; outnumbered and outgunned, players must fight to reclaim a fallen nation in an intensely personal narrative. Gamers will get to know an entirely new cast of characters and visit locales in a changed world unlike anything seen in Call of Duty® before.
- In Call of Duty: Ghosts you don't just create a class, you create a soldier, a first for the franchise. In the new Create-A-Soldier system, players can change the physical appearance of their soldier by choosing the head, body type, head-gear and equipment, and for the first time in a Call of Duty® game, the player can also choose their gender. With 20,000 possible combinations, this is the most flexible and comprehensive character customization in Call of Duty history.
- New dynamic maps are the evolution of multiplayer. They include interactive elements and player triggered events that make the environment evolve as each match goes on. The entire landscape can shift and force players to change tactics and strategies.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts introduces new tactical player movements. The new contextual lean system now allows players to lean around obstacles without adding button combinations or fully leaving cover. The new mantling system allows fluid movement over objects, while maintaining momentum. The knee slide allows for a natural transition from sprinting crouching to prone.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts delivers over 20 NEW Kill Streaks such as Juggernaut Maniac, the Helo Scout, the Vulture and the ODIN Strike. Players can even bring in guard dog Riley, from the single-player campaign, to protect and also to attack enemies. There are also over 30 NEW weapons, including an entirely new weapon class: Marksman Rifles.
- Build your team and take up to 6 of them into battle in the all new Squads mode. This mode takes the best parts of the multiplayer experience and allows you to play either solo or cooperatively with the custom soldiers created and leveled up in multiplayer.
- The load-out choices you make for your Squad members will directly change the AI behavior of your squad-mates. Give your soldier a sniper rifle and he'll behave like a sniper, and an SMG guy will be more run and gun.
- OS : Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit CPU : Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better RAM : 6 GB RAM HDD : 40 GB HD space Video : NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better Sound : DirectX® compatible sound card DirectX® : DirectX® 11 Internet : Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.
- OS : Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit CPU : Intel® Core™ i5 – 680 @ 3.6GHz RAM : 8 GB RAM HDD : 40 GB HD space Video : NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 760 @ 4GB Sound : DirectX® compatible sound card DirectX® : DirectX® 11 Internet : Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.
© 2013 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, and CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.
More from Call of Duty
More like this, what curators say, customer reviews.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Popular user-defined tags for this product: (?)
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.
The Multiplayer for Call of Duty: Ghosts has a number of new features. Including:
- Female character customization
- No more create a class. (Now called Create-A-Soldier )
- Squad points
- Unlock anything at any time. (No level requirements for unlock)
- Revamped perk system
- Dynamic map events
- New gamemodes
- Contextual lean
- Tactical knee slide
- Marksman rifle class
- Xbox Live cloud (dedicated servers)
Getting Started with Call of Duty: Ghosts
Check out the Call of Duty: Ghosts - Multiplayer "Getting Started" Guide to improve your K/D and have more fun playing COD: Ghosts Multiplayer.
Players will be able to create over 20,000 possible character combinations, game-changing dynamic map events, new tactical player movements; over 30 new weapons, including a new Marksman Rifle weapon class; over 20 new Killstreaks; 14 maps out of the box; seven new multiplayer modes, deep Clan integration and a second screen experience through the all-new Call of Duty App .
Create A Soldier
Call of Duty: Ghosts is the first in the series to let you customize more than just a loadout. Now players can change the appearance of their character, purchase multiple characters, finely tune their weapons, perks and strike packages and wrap it all up in many different styles of camo for their character and weapon.
Ghosts allows you to more define your online persona. Of course, this is Call of Duty, so most of your time will be spent on making the perfect loadout, but don't forget about the countless unlocks available to make your soldier unique. You can change many aspects of their appearance, and even customize your clan tag. More details about this and other Create a Soldier content can be found Here .
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Create a Solider Video Guide
Squad Points are used as currency in the Multiplayer section of Call of Duty: Ghosts. They are used to unlock new characters, weapons, attachments and Strike Packages . They can be found in the top left corner of the screen while customizing your soldier, and are represented by a golden coin in the game.
Squad Points are earned in a number of ways. You will always receive 2 upon ranking up. Completing Operations will also reward more points, as will completing in game field orders (the blue briefcases found during battle). Doing well while completing various Operations will reward you with Squad Points, allowing you to quickly outfit your weapons with anything you may want, giving you the edge on the battlefield.
Weapons and Equipment
Call of Duty has always been home to a wide array of weapons, and Ghosts is no different. There are many returning weapons, along with some new ones to choose from. All weapons and equipment have been broken down into set categories, like Assault Rifles, Shotguns, Handguns or Tactical Equipment.
In Call of Duty: Ghosts , weapons and equipment are unlocked using Squad Points. This means that you have access to any weapon at any level, so long as you can afford the purchase price. Attachments and equipment function the same way, so once you have a few dozen Squad Points, you can go to town on your loadout and purchase a full compliment of gear to take into battle.
The new form of the kill streak, the Strike Package allows you to call in support from off the map. This can take the form of a simple SAT-COM, or a powerful Hind helicopter patrolling the skies, to the mighty Odin satellite. The packages are split between 2 categories, Assault and Support. Assault packages are more powerful, but harder to earn since your streak is lost upon death. Support streaks aren't lost on death, but generally don't pack the same punch. A third category exists, Specialist, which rewards additional Perks instead of Strike Packages.
Every character comes with 6 packages unlocked by default, 3 in the Assault category and 3 in Support. More can be unlocked with Squad Points but take note of how much they cost. The cost also represents how many kills it takes to use it. For instance, the Helo Pilot requires 12 Squad Points, meaning it also needs 12 kills to use in game.
The perk system in Call of Duty: Ghosts is slightly different then previous games. Now, you have 8 points to spend, and can split them up in any way you choose. This means you can set up your loadout with 8 different perks that cost 1 points, or two powerful perks that cost 4 points.
Perks are split up into 7 categories, with each perk in costing more points as you get further into the category, starting as low as 1 and ending at 5. Additional perk slots can also be unlocked by removing your lethal, tactical and secondary options from your loadout. Perks, unlike most other things, are unlocked by your level, meaning you will have to rank up to unlock them. However, Squad Points can be used to purchase them early, however some of the later ones are values at over 10 points.
Call of Duty: Ghosts has no shortage of game types for people to try out. The classics of the series have remained, such as Team Deathmatch , Kill Confirmed and [Free-for-All]. New types have arrived also, like Cranked and Blitz .
CoD players will know what to expect from these various modes. Most are 8-12 players, and completing a match will reward you with various amounts of experience points and Squad Points . There are also Hardcore versions, which will have players taking more damage while also dealing with the loss of their mini-map.
Ghosts ships with 14 maps for players to run around in, with many more expected in the coming months (as paid downloadable content). Each map will offer unique challenges for players to overcome. Some maps feature lots of vertical structures, ensuring you must not only check left and right, but up and down as well. Many maps also feature destroyed buildings and rubble strewn all about, giving players plenty of opportunities to lay traps.
Call of Duty App
The Ghosts experience doesn't simply end after leaving your console. Available for iOS and Android , the Call of Duty app allows you to view all sorts of information on the go. On the front page of the app, you will be able to catch up on any news pertaining to Call of Duty Ghosts. You will also see any friends you have online, playing Call of Duty.
Beyond that, you can setup and modify your soldiers in the Create A Soldier section. Players can also view clans and clan information, as well as join them. Finally, you can view your own stats, and the stats of your friends.
Up Next: Multiplayer "Getting Started" Guide
Top guide sections.
- Campaign (Walkthrough)
Was this guide helpful?
In this guide.
LoL Worlds 2023
Oct 10 - Nov 19
October 10 - November 19
The International 2023
Oct 12 - Oct 29
October 12 - October 29
FNCS Global Championship
Oct 13 - Oct 15
October 13 - October 15
IEM Sydney 2023
Oct 16 - Oct 22
October 16 - October 22
Oct 29 - Nov 4
October 29 - November 4
BLAST R6 Major Atlanta
Oct 30 - Nov 12
October 30 - November 12
Runeterra Reforged Championship
Nov 3 - Nov 5
November 3 - November 5
BLAST Premier Fall Finals
Nov 22 - Nov 26
November 22 - November 26
VCT Gamechangers 2023
Nov 28 - Dec 3
November 28 - December 3
ESL One Kuala Lumpur
Dec 11 - Dec 17
December 11 - December 17
BLAST Premier World Finals
Dec 13 - Dec 17
December 13 - December 17
Who is Ghost? A history on Call of Duty’s favorite Grim Reaper
Who is Ghost and why is he so important in the COD community? Well join us as we go over a brief history of the beloved grim reaper of MW2.
With the release of the remaster of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, we are treated to the return of Ghost. He made his debut in the original Modern Warfare 2 series and has been a fan-favorite character since. So, with his return in the remaster, a lot of newer players haven't had the time to get to know Ghost. So, let's dive into who Ghost is and the history of what makes him so iconic.
Ghost's Origins in CoD and Why he's loved
Simon "Ghost" Riley made his debut back in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Although he wasn't the player character, Ghost was your right-hand man throughout the majority of the game. The British Special Forces officer was infamously known for his skull pattern mask that never leaves his face. He was the partner in crime of the protagonist of the games. A cold-hearted killer on the outside but a truly good friend to those close to him. He's cemented himself as one of the best characters in the series for his role in the Modern Warfare trilogy.
It's hard to specify one reason as to why the CoD community loves Ghost. Modern Warfare 2 had incredible missions like "No Russian" or "Hotel Whiskey" that became iconic in the game's history and Ghost was with you through it all. But it's hard to pinpoint a specific reason. For some, it's because Modern Warfare 2 was their childhood game, for others it was his loyalty to his partner. But for most, it was his tragic end in the series that cemented his position as an all-time great character.
One mission in CoD MW2 cemented Ghost's position in the hearts of players, which was "loose ends". This mission starts with a phenomenal infiltration of a cottage safehouse that's been occupied by Makarov. And after a narrow escape and important documents acquired, fighting through tooth and nail Roach and Ghost make it out.
At the extraction point, the two meet with Col. Shepard. And seemingly out of nowhere, Shepard ties his loose ends, and shoots both Roach and Ghost. This was an utter shock to every player who's touched the game, as few games kill the main character out of nowhere. And as Ghost lays on the ground, being covered by gasoline, he hears on the radio about Shepard's betrayal. And as Ghost's eyes begin to close, Shepard tosses his cigar onto their bodies, and the pair meet their end. You can check out the full scene here .
The CoD Modern Warfare series as a whole had a great story throughout its trilogy and really made players fall in love with characters like Ghost. And to see such a cold betrayal of not only the player character, but his-ever loyal partner too? That is a therapy session waiting to happen. But out of the sadness comes love. And that's why the community loves Ghost so much, because of his history with the franchise and how good of a friend he was.
For more Call of Duty content stick around on Esports.gg
Stay Up to Date with the Latest Esports News!
Call of Duty: Ghosts Extinction Characters
- View history
Characters of Extinction .
22 November 2022
12 November 2020
30 October 2019
All items (8)
- "Godfather" Castle
- Arclight (Extinction)
- President of the United States (Extinction)